Sponsored by:

RS sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 01:09 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question RS sway bars

I've read many glowing reviews of RS sway bars, especially in combination with the Bilstein PSS-9 coil overs.

I've ordered a set of PSS-9's and expect delivery in March. Yes, they are hard to find right now! I was planning to run the stock sway bars since body roll seems nearly imperceptible to me already. Up to this point I haven't run any DE's but successfully autocrossed the car last summer with consistent good finishes and run regular "spirited" drives on N. California's legendary twisties..

My only complaint to date has been an enormous amount of front end lift and dive under acceleration and braking.

1. What do the RS bars do that is so significant?
2. Is there an alternative product (Weltmeister, Andial, etc.) that is equally effective and less expensive?
3. How difficult is it to replace sway bars AFTER the PSS-9's are installed as opposed to doing all at the same time? I'm planning to install the coil overs myself and would likely do the same with the sway bars if/when I purchase them.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Old 01-20-2002, 01:11 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff - No need... I'm searching the archives right now!

Thanks,

Matt
Old 01-20-2002, 02:04 PM
Richard C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the PSS-9 kit installed on Friday. With the stock sway bars. Too frugal right now to spend $1,000 on RS bars. I don't believe bars will help with your complaints of dive and squat anyway. I think that the stiffer springs and shocks in the PSS-9 kit will help. Right now I have the shocks set on full soft. Did notice the front end was a little "bouncy" while driving home on Friday. We had a fair amount of snow yesterday. Will start experimenting with shock settings when the roads are clean.

The car is about 5/8" lower in the back and about 1" lower in the back. While it was being done, didn't think this would be significant, but it really is.

Can't offer any other comments yet.

Richard
Old 01-20-2002, 03:24 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The RS sway bars correct the sidewards lean, not the forward dive and squat.

Quick Reply: RS sway bars