Sponsored by:

Which 993?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 04:54 PM
Matt D
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Which 993?

I'm looking at trading up from my 968 CS to a 993, and would like some input on the various models available. I've had a couple of test drives in a 993 C2, and a passenger ride on track, and was pretty impressed. However, I'm intending to keep this next car for quite a while, so I was considering maybe going the whole hog and getting something like a 993 RS or 993 turbo, or possibly even a 993 GT2 (the mad option!). I am not really interested in the 996 (too refined) or the earlier cars (too old).

Car will be used for fast road driving and some track work - practicality is not really an issue here. Money is a factor, but not the dominant one i.e. if one of the more powerful cars really is in a league of its own, then I'd go for it, but I don't want to pay twice as much just so I can accelerate faster on straight bits of road

I'd appreciate any comments on people who've driven any of these cars, especially in comparison to each other. What kind of step up is it from the basic C2 to the turbo - obviously the latter is more powerful, but is it more fun to drive? Also a comparison between the basic C2 and C4 would be useful - I am not keen on heavily understeering cars, which has been my experience of 4wd cars before, so how does the C4 (and the 4wd turbo) compare in this respect? Emphasis is on driving pleasure, rather than outright speed, posing or overtaking ability I look forward to your replies!

Quick Reply: Which 993?