Engine compartment blower fan stays on

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Engine compartment blower fan stays on

Today, after washing the car, I noticed the engine compartment blower fan on the left side of the engine stayed on after the engine was off and the key was out. Mine is any early build 95. Wiring harness? I stopped the fan by disconnecting a wire and dropped it of at the dealer. Should we take bets on whether it is the harness or some other problem? Any thoughts on what it could be? Any thing in particular to make sure they check out. I don't have a bunch of confidence in the dealer-- they replaced my AC resistor after I specifically told them the oil cooler fan was not working and the oil cooler resistor was likely bad (thanks again Randall G. ). That said, as soon as I told them about todays problem, they said it sounds like you need the new harness and they were aware of the recall. They also said not all cars had the bad harness, so they would check mine out and let me know. I'll update as info becomes available.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

If the car's hot, it may run a few times to cool the engine down. That's normal.

Don, I've heard people have been satisfied with Moorespeed: <a href="http://www.moorespeed.com" target="_blank">http://www.moorespeed.com</a>.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:00 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Care was cold.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:03 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd take it somewhere else -- see my post above. The thought of taking my car to ANY Beasley dealership scares the sh*t out of me.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:04 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hit the reply button too fast. The "car" was cold.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Matt, thanks for the referal to Moorespeed. That is where I generally go and I've been consistantly pleased with the work. I went to the dealer because when this happened I was nearby and I also figured that if it was the harness the dealer would replace it for no charge. Also, while Moorespeed is great on mechanical matters, I figured the dealer might be able to read the faults and find an electrical problem as well or maybe better than a shop that focuses on go-fast parts. But, you are right, based on my prior experience with the dealer I am not confident with their ability to get the job done right the first time.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:56 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Mine does that...warmer the car, longer it stays on, but even if you just run for a bit, stays on. Never seems to be an issue.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Update: The dealer reports that my blower fan is staying on because the temp. sensor is bad. However, the wiring harness is on the recall list so that will be replaced as well. Once again thanks to EJ and all for keeping the pressure on PCNA.

Quick Reply: Engine compartment blower fan stays on