Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Sport cat X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Rockit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in on the group buy....I want to talk to you first. I'm ready in 2 months....I can drive to the shop and have them installed.
Gary
Old 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Hey Guys,
Last call for the group buy. We have five guys that are ready to purchase the X-pipe. I will be closing the group buy Monday and organizing the sale. We are coming down to the last couple hours of the sale don't miss out. If you already said you want to be in the group buy and have not heard from me do not worry I will reach out on Monday.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

We need one more. Who's it going to be? Let's finish this group buy off and get the x-pipes out before the spring enjoy the entire season with the x-pipe.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Jump on the bandwagon guys, you won't regret it.

- Happy FabSpeed 993 X-pipe Customer
Old 02-06-2018, 07:28 AM
Rockit
Racer

They are willing to spread out payments.....if your on the fence like I was, go for it. Hell, buy it then flip it for a few hundred
Old 02-09-2018, 08:51 PM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Sign me up! 1995 C2
Old 02-10-2018, 01:42 AM
dangerous_dave7
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockit
They are willing to spread out payments.....if your on the fence like I was, go for it. Hell, buy it then flip it for a few hundred
is this still open?
98 c4s
Old 02-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

if any of you 993 owners are in the Tri-state area.............cruise over to Fabspeed Motorsport we will give you a tour of our facility and you can check out the Fabspeed X pipe. The Fabspeed Motorsport X pipe is a lost wax investment casting that was CAD designed and has the optimum hole to allow the boxer enginer's exhaust banks to work together and still give a ripping sports car sound. These is a Video on the Fabspeede website explaining exactly what Porsche AG did when making their catalytic converters and how everything was constructed.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 02-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Folks, please be sure you are a paid member to participate in this group buy. Fabspeed has been instructed to only allow members. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:04 PM
Rockit
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
if any of you 993 owners are in the Tri-state area.............cruise over to Fabspeed Motorsport we will give you a tour of our facility and you can check out the Fabspeed X pipe. The Fabspeed Motorsport X pipe is a lost wax investment casting that was CAD designed and has the optimum hole to allow the boxer enginer's exhaust banks to work together and still give a ripping sports car sound. These is a Video on the Fabspeede website explaining exactly what Porsche AG did when making their catalytic converters and how everything was constructed.
I'll call you soon Joe for Tour!!!

francisluu Thanks for pushing over the top for the rest of us. !!
Old 02-15-2018, 03:05 AM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbos1
Guys what is the cost here for the X-Pipe and Spacers so I don't throw a CEL. Anybody that has them throwing a CEL. Deciding Y/N to install. Thanks!
Late to the party but bought the FabSpeed X-Pipe With 200 cell Sport Cats during a past Rennlist group buy and have Not had a CEL after maybe a year. If you mean WithOut the sport cats, my guess is that you Will get a CEL.

My car ('96) has a Steve Weiner chip in a '97 DME tuned for 93 Octane, and a friend with a RaceLogic V-Box took data on 20mph to 60mph runs with the stock cat and then with the FS X-Pipe & Sport Cats. After figuring in the difference in weather conditions he came up with around a 10.9 HP increase. Of course, this is in no way as good as Dyno data, but I didn't have access to one. Along with the weight reduction in the rear, I'm happy with the result.

As for sound, I run a set of the old Robin Sun RSR mufflers with the FS X-Pipe & Sport Cats and it is about as loud as I would want, keeping in mind I run AX at a site with a 96 dB limit.

Not disputing others, just my experience.

Last edited by AX993; 02-15-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:29 PM
rg0115
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

This group buy still alive? What about if I just want the X-pipe without the cat?
Old 02-19-2018, 04:07 PM
Rockit
Racer

I had the opportunity to take the tour Friday....Wow I have to say this shop is the most professional shop I've ever been to, and I've been to a bunch. They have the highest end equipment & materials there. There is no expense spared in this operation. The owner's 993 and slant noise turbo are the entrance way he used to race. I was told the owner started racing and building his own exhaust as he won races everyone's wanted one.

While I was there, McLaren's, Ferrari's and Porsches were in for either RD or exhausts installed. I'm going to have them install mine when it's done being built. I live about 2 hours away. If your in the 3 to 4 hour range of this place It's worth the drive. National Ferrari and Porsche car clubs come here to meet. If you get there and want to grab a bite the owners wife told me to go here, about a mile away, great food https://www.zakescafe.com/ .

I took a few lame pictures, I felt bad and did not want to show any proprietary systems they had in the shop so I only took a pic of the dyno and part of the Sport Cat.
Thanks Phil for the tour and great prices !!!

Old 02-19-2018, 04:10 PM
Rockit
Racer

Originally Posted by rg0115
This group buy still alive? What about if I just want the X-pipe without the cat?
Yes, they just have them available WO/Cats...call Phil a few posts up.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:04 AM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockit
I had the opportunity to take the tour Friday....Wow I have to say this shop is the most professional shop I've ever been to, and I've been to a bunch. They have the highest end equipment & materials there. There is no expense spared in this operation. The owner's 993 and slant noise turbo are the entrance way he used to race. I was told the owner started racing and building his own exhaust as he won races everyone's wanted one.

While I was there, McLaren's, Ferrari's and Porsches were in for either RD or exhausts installed. I'm going to have them install mine when it's done being built. I live about 2 hours away. If your in the 3 to 4 hour range of this place It's worth the drive. National Ferrari and Porsche car clubs come here to meet. If you get there and want to grab a bite the owners wife told me to go here, about a mile away, great food https://www.zakescafe.com/ .
Great to see a hands first description, Fabspeed has always been top rate for me. Hopefully some other members will pay heed and withhold their uninformed opinions.

Quick Reply: 993 Sport cat X-pipe