993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Sport cat X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
If you are running the sport cat x-pipe there is no need to get the O2 Spacers because this will not throw a CEL because you still have Cat's.

Now if you are running a Cat bypass x-pipe you can try the spacers with that pipe. We have had some great success with the catted spacers to deal with the CEL from going with a cat bypass.

On to ceramic coating I would not suggest ceramic coating the catted x-pipe for a couple of reasons.
First, the cats do have to get very hot in order to work properly.
Second, If the ceramic coating is not done properly it could flake. There are many curvaceous on a cat even our sport cats and one venerable spot could really effect your engine.Those flakes could fall off and that would not be great for the engine.

If you would want to ceramic coat the sport cat bypass x-pipe but the is not much benefit to this because it is so free flowing.

We are not against ceramic coating here and recognize many of its benefits. It has to be done properly.
I am running the 200cell cats, and I did get a CEL, I forget the number, but the description was something like ineffective catalyst. It may have just been a glitch, and may never come back, which is my hope. I reset the CEL, and haven't had it come back, yet, and that was over a year ago, but honestly, I have probably only drive the car a few hundred miles in that time. sigh,....I need to drive my car more....
The following users liked this post:
M. Schneider (07-07-2023)
Old 01-23-2018, 06:42 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Hello All,
So after all the responses to the x-pipe I have talked with my manager about doing another group buy for the catted x-pipe. If we get at least five 993 owners I am allowed to offer our Sport cat x-pipe for $1500. Please Pm me for more details.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Donotlift
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please put me down for group buy. Your mailbox is not accepting PM’s Thanks
Old 01-25-2018, 04:42 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Donotlift
Please put me down for group buy. Your mailbox is not accepting PM’s Thanks
You are in.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:22 PM
kannon
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i will give my recommendation, purchased in last group buy. my car had over 180k miles on the first sets of cats, and changing to fabspeed made a world of difference beyond what their dyno sheet shows.

so if you have a lot of miles don't sleep on new cats!
M. Schneider (09-10-2021)
Old 01-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

I think they sound great, esp. with a muffler bypass pipe mod. Really good when you get on it, but not obnoxious - and NO DRONE!!!

M. Schneider (09-10-2021)
Old 01-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

X Pipe + 200 Cells + Fister Stage I is a winning setup.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
X Pipe + 200 Cells + Fister Stage I is a winning setup.
Exactly right. Love it.

PS - to add to the ceramic coating question further above - I think that's a recipe for frustration. I had my stock cat ceramic coated (inexpensively) and yes, it flaked somewhat and fairly soon. I would let these get burnished from heat and leave well enough alone.

Cheers

Matt
Old 01-26-2018, 11:44 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Todynot
Well good morning sunshine. Glad to see the reply from FS, even if it’s only the plot already on their website.

I found it odd they went silent after posting what amounts to an advertisement post, then disappeared while some folks were throwing shade on their HP claims.

Glad your butt dyno works.

Go Pats!
Thanks for the non answer, apparently yes you were just pissing. I'd say the responses tell the story, cute reply on the butt dyno, your Snarkiness adds so much to the discussion.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:20 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in on the group buy, sounds like we just need a few more to make this group buy happen. Looking forward to the upgrade.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by coreseller
Thanks for the non answer, apparently yes you were just pissing. I'd say the responses tell the story, cute reply on the butt dyno, your Snarkiness adds so much to the discussion.
Originally Posted by ironimages
Count me in on the group buy, sounds like we just need a few more to make this group buy happen. Looking forward to the upgrade.
You are on the list!

Who is going to be number 5?
Old 02-02-2018, 01:45 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbos1
$1,400 sounds more reasonable. Would have jumped on that.
Here’s your opportunity, Gbos!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 734 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by P-daddy

Here’s your opportunity, Gbos!
Unfortunately, at this time I have a long list and have to "control myself" or the Wifey may toss me out

Spring Install Scheduled with my mechanic so this will have to wait:

Rennline Adjustable Gas Pedal / Rennline Rubber Grip Alu Pedals & Dead Pedal, Rennline Alu Driver & Passenger Side Drilled Floor Boards, FD HD Transmission Mount, Short Shifter to compliment the RS Golden Rod, Front Strut Brace, Oil Change and a few other small maintenance items.

Frankly, the next thing really is some nice Speedline / RH / FISKE wheels ..... Already running the Fister IIIs so it sounds really really good already. Have to prioritize.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:00 PM
E30M3
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Unfortunately, at this time I have a long list and have to "control myself" or the Wifey may toss me out

Spring Install Scheduled with my mechanic so this will have to wait:

Rennline Adjustable Gas Pedal / Rennline Rubber Grip Alu Pedals & Dead Pedal, Rennline Alu Driver & Passenger Side Drilled Floor Boards, FD HD Transmission Mount, Short Shifter to compliment the RS Golden Rod, Front Strut Brace, Oil Change and a few other small maintenance items.

Frankly, the next thing really is some nice Speedline / RH / FISKE wheels ..... Already running the Fister IIIs so it sounds really really good already. Have to prioritize.
Don't worry about the wife throwing you out..You have the girl in the avatar to fall back on..Unless of course that is the wifey
Old 02-02-2018, 04:04 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

I have a set of WB fitment FISKEs and love them. Only way they get replaced is another set of BBS E88s.

Quick Reply: 993 Sport cat X-pipe