Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Updates on the Traffic Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Vinnie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any Updates on the Traffic Pro?

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone has the definitive answer if the Traffic Pro will work on our cars. My dealer insists its just for the 996/986 and won't fit or work with the 993s. I wanted to order one, but didn't want the hassle of fitment issues and cutting et. al. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Does anyone have the exact part numbers and instructions we'd need to make everything work in a 993? I checked archives and couldn't find anything other than the basics. This is for a 96TT. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Old 03-01-2002, 05:08 PM
FELKER
Racer

Vinnie,

The unit will work, no question... It is sold by Becker in European (and starting in APril here in the USA) for any car.

The unit is DIN sized.... your cut out is DIN... it takes 12V... you got that...

The dealer knows nothing about the prodcuts he is selling, he is just feeding the party line..

The unit is plug and play with 96 on Porsche since BECKER radios were standard..

What you will have to do is Tap the Reverse Light wire (somewhere) and the Speed. I will send you the wiring diagram of where to tap the speed.(obatined from a Rennlister). On the 97 on Porsche the speed signal feed to the radio is there.. GAL function.

you will beed to place the GPS antenna, and I would recommend center dash just as it is placed in the 996/986 installation, and run the wire down to the radio...May have to remove part of you dash to do..

GERT is your source, best price by $100+ The USA wholeslae price for the unit KIT is $1250 but also needs a GPS antenna ~$75.

Maybe some of our EURO listers will enquire at Becker dealers and forward info.. Where to tap a reverse light signal in a 993, that is the ONE question I need to know.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:13 PM
dcpmark
Racer

[quote]Originally posted by FELKER:
<strong>GERT is your source, best price by $100+ The USA wholeslae price for the unit KIT is $1250 but also needs a GPS antenna ~$75.</strong><hr></blockquote>

According the Gert's site, his price INCLUDES the GPS antenna......
Old 03-01-2002, 05:16 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Tell your dealer that the European Tequipment brochure for the 993 has the Traffic Pro.

Part numbers: # 000 044 900 55 for the unit
# 000 044 900 62 for the Antenna.

Now these are the euro numbers, I'm sure Gert will provide the correct unit.

By the way if Gert is reading your unit is the one that is posted on your site or the one I see on the techquipment brochure where the lighting is yellow and it says "Porsche Traffic Pro" on ht unit???
Old 03-01-2002, 07:44 PM
Curtis - '97 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Phil at Suncoast was offering a deal on the units, also.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:05 AM
Vinnie
Instructor

Thanks everyone! Suncoast has a different part number on their site for I guess and hope the US version. I hope the kit comes with the Nav disc, or is that another separate purchase?

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Any Updates on the Traffic Pro?