Will these huge tires fit a C2S? Was..."Wheel size on C2S?"

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 12:57 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Post Will these huge tires fit a C2S? Was..."Wheel size on C2S?"

I know they are 18" tall but what width were the fronts and the rears?

What size tires were OEM on these rims?

I am searching the archives as well.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Same exact size and tires that came on the TT.
8's and 10's with 225 front and 285 rear.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:12 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Greg - thanks very much.

The car I am buying has the European Carrera RS Suspension with adjustable sway bars. It has the 18" TT rims and another set as well.

The other set are Kinesis supercup wheels. The sizes are 9.5 x 17 and 11.5 x 17 with 255/40 ZR17 on front and 315/35 ZR 17 on rear (Yoko A032R).

I am being told that these fit just fine without rubbing and I have no reason whatsoever to not belive the seller....I just don't know that much about this and wanted to make sure.

Do you think these are suitable for on-road use as well? I know they are a dual-use tire and they are probably horrible in the rain. My concern is more about knocking off the balance of the car and/or causing ABS/Speedometer problems.

How would running this size tire affect the car's performance on the street?
Old 12-07-2002, 01:56 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The Yoks are ok track tires and a lot of Club Racers use them as their rain tires. You can use them on the road but they will make a lot of noise. I basically run the same widths on my race car and while the fit is tight it works fine. I see no issues with that set up.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:06 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Greg - can you explain to a newbie the pros and cons of that suspension setup? 95% of my driving will be street but I want to get more involved in DE's, etc. as I went to PDE and loved it.

Should I expect the car to scrape on hills?

Will the suspension make funny noises?

Will those tires rub under any cirsumstances?

How will the car perform differently with the Yoko's IN THAT SIZE as compared to a smaller (stock) sized tire?
Old 12-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Vinny '98 3.8 C2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by DC from Cape Cod:
<strong> The other set are Kinesis supercup wheels. The sizes are 9.5 x 17 and 11.5 x 17 with 255/40 ZR17 on front and 315/35 ZR 17 on rear (Yoko A032R).

I am being told that these fit just fine without rubbing and I have no reason whatsoever to not belive the seller....I just don't know that much about this and wanted to make sure.

Do you think these are suitable for on-road use as well? I know they are a dual-use tire and they are probably horrible in the rain. My concern is more about knocking off the balance of the car and/or causing ABS/Speedometer problems.

How would running this size tire affect the car's performance on the street?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Purely from a tire size perspective, I run 245's front and 315's rear for both street and track with no problems on my CS. Obviously the choice of tire will make a difference regarding whether or not you choose to drive in poor weather.

255's seems rather wide for a CS, but I'd like to hear from others. I'm at the max width at 245's without scraping the fronts, and I do get some minimal rub on track under strong compression in some turns.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:32 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by DC from Cape Cod:
<strong>Greg - can you explain to a newbie the pros and cons of that suspension setup? 95% of my driving will be street but I want to get more involved in DE's, etc. as I went to PDE and loved it.

Should I expect the car to scrape on hills?

Will the suspension make funny noises?

Will those tires rub under any cirsumstances?

How will the car perform differently with the Yoko's IN THAT SIZE as compared to a smaller (stock) sized tire?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have no experience with this particular suspension. Without driving/seeing the car I have no way of answering your next questions. You can scrap a stock suspensioned car also if you take an entrance wrong.

Benefit of larger tires is more grip, plain and simple.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:41 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by Vinny '98 3.8 C2S:
<strong>
255's seems rather wide for a CS, but I'd like to hear from others. I'm at the max width at 245's without scraping the fronts, and I do get some minimal rub on track under strong compression in some turns.</strong><hr></blockquote>

With the right offsets you can go to 275's in the front (hoosiers) but I wouldn't do it on a street car. You will have less than a credit card's width of clearance. I ran 275's for a while but switched to the 245's and was able to lower the car another 3/4 inch and the better corner balancing more than offset the larger footprint of the 275.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:25 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks very much.

I ran the size sizes (OEM and new) through a tire calculator and the larger tires have a circumference that is 1.5% greater than the stock tires...not too bad. This should not affect the car to much.

Would the fenders have to been rolled in order to fit the 315's or would spacers suffice?

Remember that the car does have (at least) the RS springs.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:31 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guess is you would either need to roll the fenders or dial in some additional negative camber.

FWIW...
Old 12-08-2002, 12:34 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rear has about 1.3 negative camber and about 10 min toe.......does this help?
Old 12-08-2002, 05:06 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"Would the fenders have to been rolled in order to fit the 315's or would spacers suffice?"

I can almost guarantee the fenders have been rolled with this size tire. Spacers would do nothing to prevent this.

Quick Reply: Will these huge tires fit a C2S? Was..."Wheel size on C2S?"