Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone figured out the motion sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Curtis - '97 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Anyone figured out the motion sensors?

My '97 has the alarm infrared motion sensors in the light above the review mirror. I was diagnosing another problem when I noticed that interior motion doesn't seem to set the alarm off.

Here's the scenario:
1) sit in the car with doors/top/windows closed;
2) Press the button on the key fob to arm the alarm and wait for the LED to go to slow blink;
3) move arms and body around in the interior;

My system switches the LED to fast double blink that indicates an alarm, but doesn't actually set off the alarm. The manual indicates how to disarm the infrared, which I tried, and with the infrared disabled I don't get the double flashing LED..just the slow steady blink. I confirmed that the alarm works by opening the glove compartment and a door with the alarm armed, both of which set off the alarm.

Any ideas? Shouldn't the motion set off the alarm?

Curtis
Old 04-18-2002, 02:42 PM
KC993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a guess, but why don't you try it with either a window opened or the roof opened. It seems more logical to have the motion sensor working under this condition, like someone reaches in to get something inside the car when one of these are opened.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of system do you have, is it a PA1000. I mean, are you sure that you dont have just an immobiliser alarm.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Curtis - '97 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KC993, according to the manual, the sensor is inactivated when armed with the roof open...haven't tried the windows.

Bins, this is the stock system..not sure of PA1000 or not.

The fact that I get the double blink when it detects movement indicates that it IS armed, I think.

Curtis

Quick Reply: Anyone figured out the motion sensors?