993 Yellow Seat Belts

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:44 PM
ROK993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Yellow Seat Belts

Hello all,

I recently purchased a set of used rear yellow seat belts from a rennlister. The seller said that the seat belts came out of 993.

I was pretty excited to buy these seatbelts since I already have a brand new set of yellow front seat belts which was purchased from Suncoast earlier this year!

Well when I got the rear seatbelts, they were completely different color than my brand new front ones and also had different stitching pattern. In addition, they did not have the black Porsche tag that the front ones had(see attached pictures).

So my question is that does anyone know if Porsche manufactured two different seatbelts for 993? Or are these rear seatbelts some sort of aftermarket ones? Maybe these were for 964? I read that rear seatbelts are exchangeable in 964 and 993.

I tried to return them to the seller for a refund but the seller refused. The seller sold the front ones immediately after he sold me rear ones. So I asked the seller for contact info to see if I can sell these rear ones to the person who bought the front ones. The seller apparently sold them on eBay not on rennlist.

Any assistance in identifying these seat belts would be appreciated! Thank you!

Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 AM
WhiteCab
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The yellow looks like the yellow from SeatBeltPlamet.
https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/?&atr...SAAEgIVofD_BwE
They do really nice work and have an array of colors, but the yellow is yellower
Old 10-19-2017, 08:49 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 732 Likes on 521 Posts

Something looks "fishy" about that Porsche Tag. These look like knockoffs. I have the OEM Porsche Red Belts and the Porsche Tag on mine looks very different. I would be as hell !!
Old 10-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

I bought the front set from the same seller but on eBay. I was trying to buy the full set on RL but I guess you beat me too it. They were represented as OEM definetly not. I ordered the rears from suncoast and they are totally different!
Old 10-19-2017, 12:58 PM
mbaran
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you pay? If you used PayPal (as goods, not friends/family) they'll usually take the buyers side more times than not.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:23 PM
ROK993
Advanced

Originally Posted by mbaran
How did you pay? If you used PayPal (as goods, not friends/family) they'll usually take the buyers side more times than not.
I did pay through paypal but I might have paid as friends/family.

Originally Posted by Brig993
I bought the front set from the same seller but on eBay. I was trying to buy the full set on RL but I guess you beat me too it. They were represented as OEM definetly not. I ordered the rears from suncoast and they are totally different!

So I was not the only one who thought the these were genuine Porsche parts. I have a mismatching set now too.. front Porsche genuine and rear these aftermarket ones.

Originally Posted by Gbos1
Something looks "fishy" about that Porsche Tag. These look like knockoffs. I have the OEM Porsche Red Belts and the Porsche Tag on mine looks very different. I would be as hell !!
The ones with the tag were purchased directly from Suncoast so should be genuine Porsche parts. I would be greatly appreciated if you could post a picture(s) of yours. Thank you!

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
“Coming out of a 993” does not mean they are OEM Porsche. Clearly they are not. Seller should take back no questions asked.
The seller refused to take back stating that the pictures were provided. But in my opinion, the ad was definitely misleading since it stated these seatbelts are being sold for $750 on Suncoast. And it appears that I was not the only one who got misled by the ad since Brig993 purchased the front ones thinking that these were genuine Porsche parts.

Because of the reference to the Suncoast, I just never doubted that the seat belts could be non-Porsche parts.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Same here! Replied to your PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

...link to the original ad?
Old 10-19-2017, 07:14 PM
ROK993
Advanced

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Never use “friends and family” on PayPal unless they are truly your friends or family. If seller balks at fee, offer to pay the additional 3%. If they still insist on “friends and family,” that’s a red flag.
thank you. Will do for all my PayPal payments.

Originally Posted by Rick
...link to the original ad?
The original ad is no longer there so I presume it has been deleted by the seller or mod.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:53 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

So who was this top-shelf seller?

Andreas
Old 10-19-2017, 09:04 PM
ROK993
Advanced

Originally Posted by AOW162435
So who was this top-shelf seller?

Andreas
Hello Andreas and others who replied to the thread,

The reason that I started the thread was to confirm my suspicion that these were not genuine Porsche parts. And it appears that they are indeed not Porsche parts.

I also learned that I was not the only one who got misled by the ad since another rennlister who purchased the front seat belts from the same seller thought that he was purchasing genuine Porsche parts too.

In light the facts that I learned from this thread, I am going to try to resolve the issue privately with the seller.

I do not post often on rennlist but have learned great deal over the years. I hope that my next thread is more positive and enjoyable.

Thank you!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 732 Likes on 521 Posts

The ones with the tag were purchased directly from Suncoast so should be genuine Porsche parts. I would be greatly appreciated if you could post a picture(s) of yours. Thank you!

Attached are my Red Seatbelts Porsche OEM. The ones you purchased have no tag and are knock offs. The ones pictured in your post with the tag are OEM.

Name:  IMG_6010.JPG
Views: 973
Size:  666.3 KB
Old 10-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like the seller knows he misrepresented in his ad, otherwise why would he delete the ad.

Hopefully he steps up and does the right thing, otherwise yes the community should know who this seller is as a warning to others.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Brig993
How were they represented as OEM? There are two completed listings on eBay that look like these...they only say they’re from a low mileage 993. No mention in the description of OEM.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

I know this is of zero solace to the OP, but yellow belts would look horrible/filthy in my car...

I have red track harnesses that get pretty grubby.

And I'm Mr. Clean.

Quick Reply: 993 Yellow Seat Belts