Radio security code unknown

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Radio security code unknown

My CDR210 doesn't comes with the radio security code card. (I bought my porsche thru an agent, so never get to meet the PO)

I am planning to install the litronics, and have these questions:
1. Is it really necessary to disconnect the battery to do the install?
2. Can I find out if the radio is currently theft code enabled now before disconnecting?
3. In the worst case scenario, who/where can I reenable the radio?

Thank you in advance for your help
Old 12-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default radio related question

I have another CR210 radio related issue

some of the LCD characters in the display are dead(for lack of better word). Has anyone tried to take it apart to fix? Where (other than the stealer) to get a replacement display?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.993faq.com/archives/cat_stereo.html#000203

You can also get the radio code from http://www.beckerautosound.com

Which is the same place you can get a new faceplate... Or convert your faceplate to be viewable in a 993. The new faceplate costs $50 with core exchange.
L23FPorsche
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a Becker radio. The codes may be printed in a springed lid behind the ashtray. The codes are also available from your dealer. They will however not give the codes out over the phone for obvious reasons. The real answer is to replace the factory deck. It plain stinks. Period.
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 240 Posts

Gerry

It is highly advisable to disconnect the battery before doing the HID install. One short circuit could cause you no end of grief to the car's electronics.

The four digit radio code may be in your owner's handbook or in your paperwork somewhere. I believe it is on a small card, the size of a business card.

If you can't find it, any Porsche dealer should be able to get it from the factory archives. They provide the radio and immobilizer codes all the time. Make sure to get them both if you're asking. You'll need to provide the dealer with Vin # and proof of ownership. Or you may be able to get the codes directly from Porsche North America in Virginia. Don't have the number handy, but do a website search or one of the guys will provide it.

Are you installing the factory HID retro-fit or an aftermarket kit?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not disconnect the battery for my Catz (aftermarket) HID install. I just made sure that I wouldn't turn the light on until the system was ready to go. All the connections and splicing I did was on a circuit that would only be "hot" if the lights were turned on.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Chris L
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I too don't have my radio code (and didn't want to hassle with going to the dealer), so I used one of those 9-volt battery/cigarette lighter adapters that holds the memory while you've got the battery disconnected. You'll also want to disconnect the interior trunk light to minimize drain on the 9-volt battery. Works great.

Chris.

Quick Reply: Radio security code unknown