Cab top locking motor manual screw not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 02:08 PM
throutt
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab top locking motor manual screw not engaging

Hi everyone,

a few few days ago one of my locking motors had a senior moment and decided not to disengage all the way. I tried manually locking down the top using the manual screw and was not successful. It appears that the screw is not moving in at all as a rotate it which is making it impossible to either secure the top or manually lower it. Any advice would be appreciated because I see no other way to fix the problem than that screw. Cheers!

Tom

Last edited by throutt; 09-30-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Dplus
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I had to use the manual locking method when the internal gear broke. I remember the screw took many, many turns to get it to lock.

D.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:53 PM
throutt
AutoX

I sat for about an hour screwing it in and it never appeared to go in at all. If I am unable to use the motor or that screw I'm completely lost with how I can open the top or secure it fully (dash light goes out).
Old 10-02-2017, 10:49 PM
throutt
AutoX

I was able to get the top open randomly trying it one time while pushing up and down near the locking motor. I tried to lock and unlock the top several times, which it will do successfully. Sometimes. Other times it gets caught and there is a loud pop that doesn't sound great obviously. When looking into what has to be the most difficult screw tunnel known to man I can see that the screw is being rotated by the motor whether it successfully lock/unlocks but the screw remains in the "popped out" position. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated, thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply: Cab top locking motor manual screw not engaging