Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993ProjectRS - Ready to Shine!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019 | 10:11 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
I kept the 3.6 and deleted SAI, heater, and cruise control while adding Varioram. The motor is healthy (rebuilt 30K miles ago), oil analysis shows great wear and I didn't see a point of spending a fortune on a small cup of coffee's worth of additional displacement. If/when the engine needs work I may go up in size. But the fact is, this car will never be a rocket, it's not meant to be. The shorter gears make up for a great experience and the Guard gears are cut to minimize drivetrain loss, which I don't want to equate to a bigger engine, but you definitely feel the punch.

Tony, I'm sorry you won't make it, wanted to take more pics of you with that bib!! Hope you're feeling better soon! I'll be at Laguna on Saturday and will take video for you of the Red Lobster car at Turn 5. Do you know what run group they'll be in?

Thanks I will try to find out when they are racing and text you. I am curious when you removed the SAI what did you do? Just plugged the openings? I was surprised to see that the plumbing for the SAI run through the cam tower and the bolts that hold the valve covers in place along the top are machined through to the passage. Seems odd but Porsche did some interesting things. I am finally back on schedule with my 993 engine build. Enjoy the week.

BTW the bib was a once in lifetime thing you will never see again LOL.

Looked better on the girls.
Old 08-14-2019 | 05:12 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Yeah, those ladies did wear it better, even if it was upside down

I used the block-off bolts for the SAI ports. It's a maze of air passages down there, not much you can do about it at least the stupid pump and rotten hardware is all gone. OBDI FTW!

Quick Reply: 993ProjectRS - Ready to Shine!