epoxy floors

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 03:36 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,764 Likes on 2,361 Posts
Post epoxy floors

saw several pix of checkered floor patterns. anyone have or know how to do that please drop me a line. i am looking for a contractor in CA who can do that to my garage.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a very localized business, as I've found from doing a LOT of online searches. I had the best results doing a google search on 'floor coatings Houston'.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:45 AM
dr kenneth e garchow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i think most checker board floors were done w/tile

are you sure they were painted floors?

have seen special comp black and white garage floor tiles in girots garage cat i think
Old 12-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here are two garage tile links. <a href="http://www.kiwitile.com" target="_blank">Kiwi Tile</a>
<a href="http://www.tuffdeck.com" target="_blank">Tuff Deck</a>
I haven't used them so I can't provide any feedback, sorry.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:01 AM
LeeR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My garage is AZRock Vinyl Composite Tile. The tiles were installed by a flooring contractor, using epoxy adhesive. I pity the person who tries to remove it some day; it's really stuck down hard. Total cost of materials and labor to install was about $1800 for approximately 400 square feet plus covering two steps up to the house.

The tile is available in many different colors, but
black/white seems to be what most people use. My dark tile is actually a dark gray rather than black, as I thought it would be easier to see something on it if I dropped a small part. I'm generally happy with it, although there is slight discoloration of the white tiles where the tires sit. But it's so much better than paint, the slight discoloration doesn't bother me. Also, the discoloration might be preventable by properly sealing/waxing the tile. On the AZRock website, they have cleaning and protection instructions. They are so involved and complicated that I would have to give up my job to have enough time to deal with protecting the floor surface. I bought this product because I wanted something that was bulletproof, and required zero maintenance, and
the folks at the flooring store said this stuff fits that bill.

I previously had epoxy paint applied by a flooring
contractor, and it starting peeling off after one
year. From what I can determine, concrete is porous, and if it is not originally poured with a moisture shield, the moisture can seep through in small concentrations, enough to affect the adhesion of paint. Hopefully that won't happen with the
epoxy sealant that is used with the tiles, which seems to be very hard. Only problem with that is that tiny bit of epoxy that gets on the tile in the installation process is pretty much impossible to remove.

Quick Reply: epoxy floors