Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Wait For Me Racing Team - do you know where your turtle has been?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 12:52 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hey Wait For Me Racing Team - do you know where your turtle has been?

On a meander down a lesser travelled back street of motor racing history I came across what can only be your Turtle in it's formative years

Wonder where else the little chap has been?

(website for those interested in seeing, among other things, a Carrera 6 in African action is http://www.tukutuku.com/index.asp )
Old 12-02-2003, 01:30 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hmmmm.......

I smell the opportunity for a totally frivilous lawsuit here - threating legal retribution for unlicensed use of the "turtle" as it pertains to racing.

Who is the Hey Wait For Me Racing legal counsel? This may be a slam dunk - ESPECIALLY if the offenders are in Nigeria? They have about 6 kings die a week, and are looking at giving millions of dollars away just by answering their e-mail....

I'm making garage space now for my free 993 that we will each be awarded by the courts for clearly - what could be considered - "turtle infringement".....

When will they learn who they are messing with....
Old 12-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

This is definitely a job for Dan.

Ruairidh, how did you find our little friend?
Old 12-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Mark - Atlas F1 has a nostalgia board - which is the only other board apart from Rennlist that I hang out on - and someone posted about racing in Angola and I was bored so you get the drift.....

If you have any interest in motor racing history I can thoroughly recommend the Atlas F1 board, for Porscheophiles Karl Ludvigsen is a regular poster.

Not sure I'd rush to your Legal Beagle from St.L here - looks like the Angolans may win the prior use angle......

and John D., whats this - you want another 993? Man, you are getting spoiled - unless it is for Jen of course
Old 12-02-2003, 04:43 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by Ruairidh
......ou want another 993? Man, you are getting spoiled - unless it is for Jen of course
Well - I don't want to hi-jack this thread - BUT.......... I just put the the first 1,000 miles on my 993 C4 last night - between the trip for Thanksgiving, local jaunts and taking my son back to school (yesterday was a 400+ mile sprint through snow squalls - on S02s!!!!). Anyway - yes - Jen does want to sell her '68 911L, and we will be listing it in the next day or two on Rennlist...

AND - since I sold my track car to pay for parts I thought I'd originally need for the 993 - along with that money, my extra cash from the sale of the '87 and now with the '68 going...... Read on...............

I happened to be talking to Alfie at IRA Porsche the other day (see banner above - a crass plug for a Sponsor )..... Warning - never talk to Alfie about MAYBE finding a car for Jen someday soon - it will happen before you know it!!!..!!

Well - yep... It ain't a new 993, but Jen's replacement is "newer" then my '87 - and she love's it after seeing it and taking it for a drive - and Alfie came through with more then a very fair price, which fortunately is dead-nuts on to what we have after selling the track car and what we believe we can get for her '68 911L.

What is it?? 1989 Midnight Blue 964 C4, leather, extra set of rims (BBS 3 piece - which will be for sale as well..), 84,000 miles...

Now - since I don't want to be AGAIN accused of driving down the price market for 964s, as I was when I posted what we bought our 993 for - I won't post the price - but if you add up what a 914-6 3.0 track car and a '68 911L might sell for - you'd be "right on" target

From three earlier Porsches in the garage to two... And soon - Jen will be harassing the 964 list with questions....
Old 12-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Sounds like Alfie is a guy to know!!!

Hijack away with news as good as this - this means you guys have examples of my two most favorite P-cars - but I'm biased in favor of the older look!

Hey, when are you going to tell the 964 board?

Congratulations
Old 12-02-2003, 05:41 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Lawsuit? Did someone mention lawsuit?
Good find Ruairidh. I think our apparently African-American turtle is safe for the foreseeable future. After all, I doubt the delays of the Angolan judicial system are any match for Cook County.

Alfie came through with more then a very fair price, which fortunately is dead-nuts on to what we have after selling the track car and what we believe we can get for her '68 911L.
John
A really good car salesman can look you up & down, know exactly how much you've got in the bank, & make the deal leaving you feeling good, but w/just enough for gas to get home. Obviously, Alfie knows his business. Congratulations to you & Jen on your move to the '90s.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:41 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

John, I thought I was the only one getting those e-mails. How many million$ are you up to. I have yet to collect.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:48 PM
John D.
Banned

Hey FB....

I just got another - which I replied to (of course...).... This one is:

eduko(deleted)@fsmail.net

My name is MRS.RITA EDULA KOMAKI, I am the wife of MR.
EDULA KOMAKI, former Personal Assistant to the Late
Congo President, LURENT KABILA, who alongside
was assasinated in February 2001 with the late President.

My aim of writing to you is because of the need for a
trusted and honest person, who I can entrust a huge
sum of money my husband left before his death....

I guess when you visit that area of the world - don't drink the water - folks are dropping like flies...

How many millions have I made?? Billions of millions..... It's amazing. Why I continue to post or have a real job or own Rennlist, with Jen - is beyond me....

John D.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Well, if you must know I am Angolan.

There my secret is out.

However, I do know Rita Edula Komaki, who entrusted a large sum of money to me. That is how I can afford to race a Porsche. (But mine is not as large as the sums she entrusted to Greg Fishman, Glen, Eric, or Bill W, let alone the really large sum she entrusted to Silver Bullet)
Old 12-02-2003, 11:34 PM
John D.
Banned

Well - Team Leader, Burning Bush, and Chief Pubaaa....

Be assured that any Money I wrest from Edula from the untimely demise of her husband - will be split 50/50 with you and HWFM.

The other 50% will be appropriated for beer and loose women.

By my math, that leaves -200% for me - but I don't do math too well - but I'll enjoy the beer....
Old 12-03-2003, 12:15 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

NOTICE OF ATTORNEY'S LIEN
To Whom It May Concern
The undersigned represents RITA EDULA KOMAKI, widow of the late
EDULA KOMAKI, with regard to certain disputed imaginary funds held in various escrow accounts located in diverse locations and the undersigned hereby asserts an attorney's lien as properly authorized by the Cyberscamming Facilitation Act in the amount of fifty percent (50%) of said funds pursuant to an illusory contingent fee contract between the undersigned and RITA EDULA KOMAKI.

Mandated Plain English Summary: Send me 50% of the money you send RITA.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:26 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan, do you accept PayPal? At least this way I'll know where and to what use my money is going.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:24 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by fbfisher
Dan, do you accept PayPal? At least this way I'll know where and to what use my money is going.
Fred
PayPal, cash, checks, credit cards, gold bullion, Carnewal Gift Certificates, specified Porsche parts, decent Cabernets, are all welcome. But, no checks from RITA EDULA KOMAKI.

Rest assured all funds will be used for an important mobile highway beautification project, a needed driver education program and an early retirement plan for a deserving individual. A portion will even find its way to Rennlist. You can feel good about this.

On the other hand, you own a Porsche so why would you expect to know where or for what use your money is going? Ever wonder if there's any connection between the large number of Porsches in CA and the state's inability to balance its budget?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 139 Posts

A 964 ? Nooooooo...

first you show your appreciation of the classy 993 lines and then "punish" Jen with a 964 ? (the michael Schumacher of 911s, no bumper for you boy, here's a huge chin instead)

Why o why ? ;-)

(flak jacket on - oh what the hell this is the 993 board).

I hope it's mechanically sound ! hey, did you receive the CD I mailed you ?

Quick Reply: Hey Wait For Me Racing Team - do you know where your turtle has been?