Removing the Top Dash cover...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 09:53 PM
hughfi
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Removing the Top Dash cover...?

Hi there,

I have a slight rattle below my top dash cover and have tried to get it off so that I can have a look. All goes well where I remove all rear and side screws behind the little panels, but I cannot get it off due to what appears to be another attachment in the center front of the dash? Its as if there is a screw behind the middle vent or something?

Does anyone know where this screw of whatever is and how to get at it? I assume you need to take the vent out, but I am afraid of doing damage.

Any help greatly appreciated.

H.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:04 AM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Pull out the clock. Between the clock and the A/C center vent their is a nut that needs to be removed. John
Old 11-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taken from the bottom of this page: http://p-car.com/diy/fanswitch/

Additional Notes on Switch Locations
Dash mounting
When mounting a dash switch, you will need to remove your dash first. To remove your dash:

Place masking tape over the defroster vents. Remove the screws that hold the plastic defroster deflector in place.
Remove the two other screws that were under the plastic defroster deflector. Be careful NOT to drop any screws!
On both sides to the dash, there are black plastic covers. Gently pry that out. It is just held in by friction.
In the "middle" hole under the black plastic cover, put a phillips screwdriver in there and fish around until you find a screw head. Unscrew that. Repeat on the other side.
Remove the clock gauge. The clock is just held in by a LOT of friction. I used a small screwdriver gently pry the clock away from the dash, and then used LOTS of finger strength to finally get the clock out. I had worked up a good sweat after just pulling out the clock!
With the clock removed, feel around to the right and you'll feel a small stud with a bolt on it. This is that last remaining piece holding your dash in place. I used a 10 MM socket head and carefully removed the bolt. Be careful NOT to drop anything here!

Quick Reply: Removing the Top Dash cover...?