Sponsored by:

Kinematic Toe In

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 05:07 AM
sandman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Kinematic Toe In

Can anyone help me out with the factory recommended settings for the Kinematic toe in. I am changing the wheels on my car and need these figures for the alignment. Is it easy to do??

Thanks

Sandman
Old 12-02-2002, 07:00 AM
maurice97C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by sandman:
<strong>Can anyone help me out with the factory recommended settings for the Kinematic toe in. I am changing the wheels on my car and need these figures for the alignment. Is it easy to do??

Thanks

Sandman</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Sandman

Just changing wheels won't affect any alignment settings, are you doing other work?
Kinematic toe setting requires the use of two Porsche protractors, which measure the relationship between two lower control arms. The alignment shop must have these tools to do the adjustment, and this adjustment affects others, so several cycles through may be required. Can provide more info if required - HTH, cheers, Maurice.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:15 AM
sandman
Advanced

Maurice

Thanks alot for the information. There are only a couple of 993s here in India and my alignment shop does not know the procedures nor has the special tools. I know that I need an alignment as I have some uneven tyre wear. Please send me all the information you have to help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks in advance

Sandman
Old 12-03-2002, 04:11 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Kinematic toe is nothing to play with unless you know what you are doing You need two (2) Porsche tools, #9549 and 9550. These are special levels used to set up the kinematic toe.

I have run my car on the track with the kinematic toe improperly set, and properly set. In my experience driving my car with improperly set kinematic toe in, when I backed off the accelerator at high speed, the car felt very loose, not a good feeling. When I had the kinematic toe reset, this experience never re-occured, therefore...........
Old 12-03-2002, 06:20 AM
sandman
Advanced

Thanks Martin

Do you know where I can get the tools and what they cost? I definately feel that I need to align the wheels so any help on the procedure will be appreciated.

Regards

Sandman
Old 12-03-2002, 07:54 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Sandman, Might wantto start reading <a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/cgi-bin/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000542&p=" target="_blank">this</a> thread from the racing page. We were discussing the possibilities of home made kinematic toe tools. Seems some Rennlisters have successfully made them. From what I hear, the Porsche part is a few thousand dollars.

Good luck,

E. J.

Quick Reply: Kinematic Toe In