Sponsored by:

Turbo engine in a C2S

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 139 Posts

More weigth in the back and 400+ hp to Rear wheels only... Sounds wicked ! ;-) good luck ! Raise your life insurance first ;-)
Old 11-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Kolbjorn S
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although not a C2S, Gemballa has converted this C2. 570 hp on the rear wheels. But I agree with Cy, people think it is a rocketship regardless of what engine was in it!
Old 11-26-2003, 03:35 PM
JohnM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gemballa's engine work was (is?) done by TTP, http://www.t-t-p.de/english/index.php

They have variants with rear wing (air/air intercooler) and without (water/air intercooler). They've been in the Porsche turbocharging business for about 20 years, formerly as Lotec. A turbo conversion without rear wing on a high mileage engine was around 28,000Euro when I last spoke to them, including new pistons, cylinders, oilpump, bearings, rods and uprated clutch.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:15 PM
GTR 993
Burning Brakes

I would love to have a C2S with a Turbo Conversion, Mainly because of the weight savings. However the expense seems very high for the conversion. Have you looked into superchargers? No Lag not that the Turbos have lag but you know the Supercharger at Low RPMs definately doesnt and its much cheaper. I believe you can buy a kit for around $7500 - $8000 with a substansial increase in power. Good Luck on whatever you do and if you decide when your done to part with "Frankenstien" I am also a mad scientist! Keep me in mind. LOL
Old 11-26-2003, 05:37 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Maybe you're looking at this the wrong way round... Wouldn't it be cheaper to sell the C2S, buy a Turbo then remove the FWD? Maybe you could even get TurboS rear intakes with 996TT intercoolers for that C2S/C4S tail?
Old 11-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default TT into a C2S

Porsche Purist...read no further, you won't like this post.

Speed geeks, read on...Mind Over Motorsports (MOM) in San Diego recently completed cleaning up a Carrera S to TT motor conversion. It seems that another shop had started the job but couldn't seem to finish it. In fact in the process of their "conversion", more like perversion, they butchered the motor so badly it had to be replaced, as did the turbos, the induction and exhaust. The Carrera S owner had the car flat bedded over to MOM and they went to work cleaning up the mess.

The Carrera S owner went first class. Not only did he change out the motor, he upgraded the suspension to PSS9s and in addition had the car re-painted in its original black color.

There were some motor mods done as well. I know not all the details of this aspect of the conversion. The owner also installed the Turbo S rear spoiler that gives it a less threatening appearance.

I have seen the owner and car on several occasions. I have heard he may have to go in for surgery to get the permanent grin deinstalled from his mug. The acceleration and handling contributed to this facial aberation as did the fact that the project ws completed in approximately six (6) weeks from start to finish at MOM. Bottom line, this "sleeper" stealth car is incredibly fast.

And if and when it is time to sell the car, I don't think the seller will have any problems finding a new buyer, hey, call me!
Old 11-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Many people have bought a 993TT engines and transplanted the engines into a 2 wheel drive 993.......so that they can have a wicked fast defacto GT2. I can name 10+ shops that have done this. It is a relatively simple task. To make it really simple you want the complete engine and wiring harness and DME. A couple of wiring changes that arent difficult and you are good to go.

A set of catbypass pipes and a GIAC Chip and Kevins Turbos "0" clearanced and the biggest problem is "massive wheelspin in virtually any gear at any TIME". I have been told it is crazy nutz by 4 different tuners/technitians.

I have a 993TT engine/ 993TT transmission/ DME & wiring harness lingering around the garage for 6+ months...........500+ realiable HP in a 993RS Clubsport @ 2800lbs with A/C, S/R, CD RADIO, P windows and all creature comforts would give a CARRERA GT a serious workout in a straight line and under braking. Go ahead and doit to your C2S you have a wild street machine/track beast.
Joe Fab
pictures of 993TT engine & transmission on my website under "993TT explanation" If I dont put in by the 2nd quarter 2004 I will sell it.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 11-26-2003, 09:44 PM
Cy
Racer

Hey Grateful,

I think I took your "wolf in sheeps clothing" objective too seriously in my first post. My definition of that is taking a car that is supposedly quite slow and making it straight-line fast through some form of undetectable enhancements (ex. stuffing a modded 454 with nitrous in Crown Vic) to surprise anyone you can entice into a race. Of course, a 993 is a well-respected sports car that doesn't meet the initial criteria of "quite slow".

Now, if what you're saying is that you want to modify your car to get a lightweight, big HP, rear wheel drive, GT2-type performance car for your own benefit, then I think that is an outstanding idea . . . esp. if I can come for a ride when it was done!!

Kind regards,

Quick Reply: Turbo engine in a C2S