DIY Bilstein Install in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 07:45 AM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Default DIY Bilstein Install in AZ?

Has anyone in the Phx area done this or planning to do this anytime soon? I'd consider tackling this but would feel better about it if I'd seen one done myself or spoke with someone who has. I have a set of Bilstein HD's and lowering springs sitting in my garage. I also have a link from Gert that walks through the procedure. TIA for any input.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have flown up to SF and come to Viperbob's Garage. During any of the past 6 weekends and you would have seen MANY examples of installing new front and rears....

Not too tough though. If you have the DIY and a good assortment of tools, then you are fine. Hopefully you have an air compressor, or some Hazet sockets and Hazet 90 degree allen wrenches. Also a T35or40 Torx socket for holding the rear lower strut bolt on the Kinematic Toe Arm, and a T15 if you need to remove the old drop link and reinstall it with the new shocks.... A 10mm allen socket (preferably 1/2" drive) is also required for the front strut mount. Those are the unusual things I can think of for the install that a lot of people may not have at hand.

Good Luck
Old 11-25-2003, 12:56 PM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for the advice. "Viper Bob's Garage" is exactly what I was thinking about when I posted. I was in SLO for business one of the those weeks and considered driving up for the Saturday installation, but the wife thought otherwise ...

Quick Reply: DIY Bilstein Install in AZ?