Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone need a Porsche battery maintainer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 04:47 AM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Post Anyone need a Porsche battery maintainer?

I bought 2 two months ago from Sunset Porsche, one for my car and one for my mother in law's Merc s430. The charger fitted well in the Merc's lighter socket and the charger's light came on but didn't seem to do anything. The battery still loses power. I tested the charger and it still showed 13 to 17 volts just like mine. The only thing I can think of is the Merc uses higher current than the current the charger gives out.

I paid about $57 + shipping for the unit. I ask for $50 total. Since this is an electrical part, I'll ship you the part in its box and the instruction. If everything works out fine, you send me a check. Consider this is a favor you do for me. If interested, please email me.

Thx
Old 06-13-2003, 10:51 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hn, I sent you an email. thanks.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't need the maintainer, but my thought would be that if it doesn't work on the Merc you have two potential causes:

- you've got a fairly large abnormal battery drain someplace. Should be noticeable if after a good drive, the next day the battery feels drained.
- the battery is dying; can't hold a charge. If more than 3 years old, is likely cause.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:40 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Adscab, you'd got mail. Thx

Hi Ray, her 2001 Merc is already on the 2nd battery for not driving enough and this one is faily brand new (after market, Energyzer). May be she should have let the dealer checked out the electrical system before getting a new one.

Thx

Quick Reply: Anyone need a Porsche battery maintainer?