Finally picked up the new ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 12:42 AM
chris322
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally picked up the new ride

Just wanted to update everyone on the new ride and the trip to pick it up. I purchased a 97 C2S in silver with black leather with aprox. 40k miles. My buddy, two pilots and myself flew to Southampton, NY in an Apache Piper this last Friday. We had a smooth flight and it was nice to not worry about airports, security checks and delays. We were picked up by someone at the dealership and arrived at the dealership. The car looked great and drove well except for the rear tires that are worn and caused some vibration at high speeds. The trip back to Ohio started well until my friend and myself ran into rush hour traffic in NYC and NJ due to bad timing on our part. Spent the next two hours in stop and go traffic before we finally got out of NJ and into Pa where the traffic wasn't bad. Finally arrived at home at 4:00 am after being up since 7:00 that morning. Overall, the trip was fun, but long.

I have always wanted a Porsche and was afraid that the car would not live up to my perceived high expectations for the car. Well, I did not have to worry about that, the car is amazing. The steering, the power, the engine sounds, the styling is beyond words. Someone in an earlier post mentioned how time stands still in a Porsche. I now know what they mean now. You can move through traffic and it seems like everyone is standing still and the Porsche is effortlessly moving through time and space. I have let a few friends and family drive the car and they are simply amazed at the car and how it is a pure sports car. Anyway, sorry for the long message, but just had to share my thoughts on the trip and the car. Thanks to everyone that has helped me through the process.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:58 AM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats, welcome, and, if I may be so bold, superb color choice!
Old 11-24-2003, 01:02 AM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 66 Posts

i will second that emotion
Old 11-24-2003, 01:34 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Oh yeah... silver with black leather. You are a wise man with exquisite taste in colors

Enjoy many miles in your new car, and think about clear corner turn signals from AJ USA. Silver cars look great with the clear corners.

Steve
Old 11-24-2003, 01:57 AM
kmatts
Racer

oooo la la.
pics pics pics pics ?
don't make me beg.
Kyle.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Congrats. One of the best drives I had in mine was the long drive back to PA after picking it up in Peoria, IL. The roads was relatively straight and boring but the sensations I felt in car were amazing - I felt one with her. She was responding to every input I gave her. Every stab was responded with an equivalent shove. Every wiggle, a deft move. Oh wait, I'm describing my *other* first time. Never mind...
Old 11-24-2003, 11:58 AM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

Quick Reply: Finally picked up the new ride