Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 07:44 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky
I'm sure it was. You say you didn't read it but then you say it is a reflection of cohesion? How do you determine cohesion without reading? Which is it? I don't expect solid logic from you so don't worry about it.

The 992 is going to be very similar to the 991.2 namely in the area of the powerplant. Porsche is likely to just up the boost through software. This also means turbo upgrades will carry over.

What can you do through software to dramatically increase the performance of your car which it so desperately needs? Oh, nothing. No wonder you sit on the forum talking about your exhaust note because nobody including yourself is interested in driving your car.
Q: How do you know it’s nonsensical?

A: “Posted by Sticky.”
Old 10-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Q: How do you know it’s nonsensical?

A: “Posted by Sticky.”
Maybe but considering I was intelligent enough to buy the sports car that actually has the performance to back up the way it looks and sounds your opinion doesn't mean much of anything.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:49 AM
K-A
Drifting

Maybe but considering I was intelligent enough to buy the sports car that actually has the performance to back up the way it looks and sounds your opinion doesn't mean much of anything.
There should be a comma before “your.”

EDIT: And after “maybe.”

How ‘bout that 992?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
There should be a comma after “your.”

EDIT: And after “maybe.”

How ‘bout that 992?
There doesn't need to be.

How about the 992? Just another new turbocharged Porsche with the International Engine of the Year Award winning 9A2 3.0 that will only further serve to make enthusiasts forget about weak flat-6's from outdated 911's.

People sure are looking forward to it.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:56 AM
K-A
Drifting

There doesn't need to be.

How about the 992? Just another new turbocharged Porsche with the International Engine of the Year Award winning 9A2 3.0 that will only further serve to make enthusiasts forget about weak flat-6's from outdated 911's.

People sure are looking forward to it.
Wow. Sounds enlightening. I wonder if it’ll be able to outperform record setting .1 sales and reverse the soft response thus uncharacteristic sales decline of the .2’s? By the way years old .1’s are going up in value and already approach or in several respects surpass .2 prices, maybe by then I’ll sell my anciently beloved free breather for one of those sweet new rides without coming out of pocket much. #992Winning

EDIT: Selfishly, I kind of hope 911’s become increasingly exclusive, so maybe catching up to 991.1 sales wouldn’t be such a great thing.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
Wow. Sounds enlightening. I wonder if it’ll be able to outperform record setting .1 sales and reverse the soft response thus uncharacteristic sales decline of the .2’s? By the way years old .1’s are going up in value and already approach or in some respects surpass .2 prices, maybe by then I’ll sell my anciently beloved free breather for one of those sweet new rides without coming out of pocket much. #992Winning
It must be fun to hang out with a binder of sales figures at the racetrack to show who really is winning.

It's kind of like showing people pictures of a hot chick rather than banging one.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:04 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Here we go again!
Old 10-31-2017, 10:09 AM
phow
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

It must be fun to hang out with a binder of sales figures at the racetrack to show who really is winning.

It's kind of like showing people pictures of a hot chick rather than banging one.

😂 Whether I agree or not, that is funny.

Both positions on this topic are subject to personal preference. Neither is right or wrong.

Personally, I have and have had many big HP/TQ cars. I enjoy my 991.1S because it's a little NA screamer that I can redline during spirited drives around town without risking losing my license. I also live a fairly congested area where speeds are rarely achievable above 60-70mph.

Some of us never see a race track and for those it is more fun to drive a slower car fast vs driving a fast car slow, since we just can't use the extra power. Hence my personally dilemma on picking up a GT3 (shopping right now). Still trying to figure out if I can give one the life it deserves 🙂

I think insulting the 991.1's power just because the 991.2 is faster is sort of silly. 911 enthusiasts, especially Carrera owners, don't usually gravitate towards the 911 because of big power numbers. So by taking this stance, you are essentially insulting every enthusiast that doesn't go for the latest/greatest model.

I'm just a 911 fan in general. Show me those sexy lines, regardless of year/spec, and you have my attention. I hope to also pick up an 87-89 this year to add to my little collection. I really don't care if a 991.2 or any other model is faster then it. That's just not the point of that car.

What I love about the 911 and the community is the variety of cars, owners, and perspectives. You have everything from your diehard air cooled guys to your 997 guys that hate on the 991 (after spending some time with the 997, I can officially say I understand their perspective).

I don't think the .1 is objectively better than the .2 and vice versa. But they are different and both offer a different driving experience. It's up to each to decide which experience they prefer and that answer will vary based on personal preference. So arguing about it is rather pointless and everyone should instead respect each other's preference and refrain from hurling personal insults.

The same can be said about the 992. Some will step inside and love the Panamera inspired interior and others will miss the analog gauges and buttons.

The good news is that their is a 911 for everyone at this point and instead of arguing about which is better, let's just be glad we have so many to choose from. I could think of a lot of worse problems to have 🙂
Old 10-31-2017, 10:21 AM
K-A
Drifting

Funny how guy all of a sudden goes from “no one wants to drive your poopy car” to “but.... race track” when faced with the statistical fact that more people have wanted to drive “my car” and people are even bidding up its price to eventually surpass guys car.

My car will never see a race track nor will I street race it like a chode. So the raucous aural pleasantries and preffered throttle response / powerband will be enjoyed 100% of the time, especially its interplay with power utilization tuning me into it thus making me a better driver (thus having more fun). Win/win. This car is already overpowered for my environment and I can’t even wind out 2nd gear without being at too high of speeds as it is. Soulfulness and unique character)traits are why the 911 is the 911.

Porsche’s most valuable cars are N/A for that reason. A 911 R getting bid up to a milllion dollars with “only” 500 HP, a GT3 demanding N/A and massive interest even though they could blow the doors off the competition even harder by boosting it (and losing its character in the meantime). I wouldn’t lose complete faith that they won’t introduce some non-GT3 N/A specialty model. “Problem” is, even if it had 350 HP, it would get bid up to inflated prices simply because it’s N/A. I’m more sure about that than I am Sticky creaming his shorts when he hears dat spool behind his ears. And hopefully Porsche is smart enough to cash in.

Last edited by K-A; 10-31-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
Funny how guy all of a sudden goes from “no one wants to drive your poopy car” to “but.... race track” when faced with the statistical fact that more people have wanted to drive “my car” and people are even bidding up its price to eventually surpass guys car.

My car will never see a race track nor will I street race it like a chode. So the raucous aural pleasantries and preffered throttle response / powerband will be enjoyed 100% of the time, especially its interplay with power utilization tuning me into it thus making me a better driver (thus having more fun). Win/win. This car is already overpowered for my environment and I can’t even wind out 2nd gear without being at too high of speeds as it is. Soulfulness and unique character)traits are why the 911 is the 911.

Porsche’s most valuable cars are N/A for that reason. A 911 R getting bid up to a milllion dollars with “only” 500 HP, a GT3 demanding N/A and massive interest even though they could blow the doors off the competition even harder by boosting it (and losing its character in the meantime). I wouldn’t lose complete faith that they won’t introduce some non-GT3 N/A specialty model. “Problem” is, even if it had 350 HP, it would get bid up to inflated prices simply because it’s N/A. I’m more sure about that than I am Sticky creaming his shorts when he hears dat spool behind his ears. And hopefully Porsche is smart enough to cash in.
Racetracks are where real 911's hang out. You know, like the King of the 'Ring?

Holy crap man your car isn't a 911 R. You drive a cheap mass produced 911 with an engine that is shared with a Cayman. It's the motor Porsche threw in their cheapest sports car because even they don't hold it in high esteem and it's cheap to produce.

What is it with you people and thinking your car or engine is a GT3? By the way, the 911 R's market was inflated due to offering a manual with the GT3 4.0 motor. Now that the 991.2 also offers the 4.0 with a manual watch for a regression.

Regardless, the most expensive Porsche models are turbocharged. Did you miss what the 964 is going for? Don't take a look at turbo 993 prices to burst your bubble.

You literally drive the cheapest, weakest, and least exclusive 911 of recent memory and think it's something special. Nobody serious about sports cars would want one when Porsche themselves makes superior naturally aspirated 911's. You're acting like some 7/10 chick is a supermodel.

When you get a GT3 or 911 R run your mouth then. Not when you're at the bottom of the totem pole in performance and NA Porsche motors. That's why your car won't see a racetrack. It doesn't belong there.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:53 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Might be a good idea to stop the fighting and trolling, guys. This thread will be closed if you can't play nicely.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:55 AM
K-A
Drifting

Racetracks are where real 911's hang out. You know, like the King of the 'Ring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8_2zQZ3xM

Haha. bottom line.

What is it with you people and thinking your car or engine is a GT3? By the way, the 911 R's market was inflated due to offering a manual with the GT3 4.0 motor. Now that the 991.2 also offers the 4.0 with a manual watch for a regression.

Regardless, the most expensive Porsche models are turbocharged. Did you miss what the 964 is going for? Don't take a look at turbo 993 prices to burst your bubble.

Regardless, you literally drive the cheapest, weakest, and least exclusive 911 of recent memory and think it's something special.

When you get a GT3 or 911 R run your mouth then. Not when you're at the bottom of the totem of the totem pole in performance and NA Porsche motors. That's why your car won't see a racetrack, it doesn't belong there.
Haha. N/A cars won’t need to be GT cars to sooner than later surpass the value of your baser, lil stick. I’d say it’s gone over your head, but in reality that’s kind of the maddening point for you, isn’t it?

Let’s see some vids of you whopping on .1’s at the track. Maybe I can learn something for the time I never take my own car to one. I’m already in awe of your 4 MPH trap speed advantage.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:57 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Might be a good idea to stop the fighting and trolling, guys. This thread will be closed if you can't play nicely.
Noted, and yes, this has gotten boring. I’ll find us a cage to wrestle in instead.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
Haha. N/A cars won’t need to be GT cars to sooner than later surpass the value of your baser, lil stick. I’d say it’s gone over your head, but in reality that’s kind of the maddening point for you, isn’t it?

Let’s see some vids of you whopping on .1’s at the track. Maybe I can learn something for the time I never take my own car to one. I’m already in awe of your 4 MPH trap speed advantage.
Nobody with a 991.2 or thinking of a 992 cares about 991.1 values. Some people drive 911's and use them for what they were designed to do.

You have no idea where values will go and the 991.1 is not a a 911 R.

If you're hoping to make money on the least exclusive and worst performing 911 you never had money to begin with.

The 992 won't have any trouble selling despite 991.1 owners desperately clinging to a self-serving narrative.

Move on. Porsche has.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:10 AM
K-A
Drifting

Nobody with a 991.2 or thinking of a 992 cares about 991.1 values. Some people drive 911's and use them for what they were designed to do.

You have no idea where values will go and the 991.1 is not a a 911 R.

If you're hoping to make money on the least exclusive and worst performing 911 you never had money to begin with.

The 992 won't have any trouble selling despite 991.1 owners desperately clinging to a self-serving narrative.

Move on. Porsche has.
I’m convinced. Your car is the bestest. Now do something productive with your day.

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE