Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest best APR rates?

Search this Thread

Old Today | 11:27 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 986 Likes on 550 Posts

I am not sure what people are talking about here - you are saying cars like that should only have 100% cash buyers? This has come up on threads before. Hey, if you can afford that, more power to you. But not everyone can and people also manage their liquidity in different ways based on the current point in their lives.
The following 2 users liked this post by nyca:
2SG5 (Today), Butzi (Today)
Old Today | 11:39 AM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Sounds like we have similar approaches to finance.

You mentioned the rolling of debt of one old auto loan into a new one...that is what I've been reading, too, about the uptick in average loan terms. I used to spend time in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and it was clear that was (and still is) going on in a major way. Younger tradesmen who work at the ship yard would trade in their basic F-150 single cab that was only 3 years old so they could start driving a $100K+ F-350 King Ranch, yet live in a $300K rancher in a not-so-great school district.
Old Today | 11:41 AM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by raydog9379
How do you think most of these YouTuber's and content creators get cars? Most take out insane loans. They don't hold onto the cars all that long because who wants to see stale content. So rinse and repeat.

What I've come to find as I get older is that the average person blows their money on stupid things. There's a small number of us that budget appropriately within our means (whether that's a $30k car or a $300k car), you see all kinds of situations where people roll in money from old loans into their new auto loan and so on. Personally, I don't like the debt... unless it's cheap debt which is hard to find the past 2 years (very low APR situations where I know I can take the $ and invest it to make more $).
Sounds like we have similar approaches to finance.

You mentioned the rolling of debt of one old auto loan into a new one...that is what I've been reading, too, about the uptick in average loan terms. I used to spend time in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and it was clear that was (and still is) going on in a major way. Younger tradesmen who work at the ship yard would trade in their basic F-150 single cab that was only 3 years old so they could start driving a $100K+ F-350 King Ranch, yet live in a $300K rancher in a not-so-great school district.
Old Today | 12:15 PM
cal10882
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This is interesting. I still use USAA but have Hagerty for my '63 356. Will look into them for my 992.
Old Today | 12:55 PM
suffer
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 101 Posts

I re-financed 68k on my '24 911 through my local credit union. Just did it last week - I have an 814 credit score and got 5.79%.
Old Today | 01:38 PM
Hunky
Pro

Received 310 Likes on 204 Posts

Love it when the rock star, mover and shaker, investors bark about borrowing money for everything so their portfolio can rake in that 12%, 15%,.... year in year out regardless of the totally unpredictable economic forces that effect investments for the mere commoners of the world like myself.
Old Today | 02:06 PM
2SG5
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
I am not sure what people are talking about here - you are saying cars like that should only have 100% cash buyers? This has come up on threads before. Hey, if you can afford that, more power to you. But not everyone can and people also manage their liquidity in different ways based on the current point in their lives.
Thank you. Every time a thread like this created , instead of helping the person with information regarding finding decent interest rates these threads always seem to devolve into " if you cant buy it with cash you shouldn't buy it" , " I get X% in returns...blah blah blah" .
The following 2 users liked this post by 2SG5:
azmcarroll (Today), Budman1 (Today)
Old Today | 03:01 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
Who the fug takes an 84 month car loan. Good grief, that is almost laughable. Simply amazing.
Jim Ziegler once said that dealers doing 84 month loans aren't selling cars, they're performing marriages. I mean, it's just dumb from a dealer's POV. All that negative equity on longer-term loans takes them out of circulation.

Most profitable dealers push leasing HARD because they know the customer comes back in 24 or 36 months.

Quick Reply: Latest best APR rates?