Sponsored by:

NEW 2024 GT3RS ARRIVED (CXX+ EXAMPLE)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024, 11:27 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by atiquester
After placing this order earlier in 2023, the new toy finally arrived yesterday! As always PAG pushes CXX heavy cars out for later production. It was worth the wait. Here are some pics

i just gotta say ... this is perfect example of love being blind.

nice car but a wild build that is way to over the top for this guy (as in me!).

agreed with comment above, please include family photo i guess for some context?

Last edited by tmslc; 09-08-2024 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-08-2024, 04:17 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 376 Posts

The guy seems to be a collector, not a racer, and certainly likes ‘interesting’ and expensive builds, though his LinkedIn profile doesn’t seem to support these kinds of ‘investments’.

- https://voodooxii.wordpress.com/2020/05/02/the-emperor/
- https://www.peachstatepca.org/Social/16436

Last edited by jlegelis; 09-08-2024 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2024, 01:36 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 356 Posts

Why are you guys researching the OP? Lmao
The following 2 users liked this post by VarTheVar:
Butzi (09-09-2024), tourenwagen (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 01:40 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 92 Posts

Quasi-doxxing of the OP because of Rennlister's wealth insecurities or their need-to-know of the OP's track plans?

Creepy AF.
The following users liked this post:
tourenwagen (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 01:50 PM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 165 Likes on 60 Posts

I have noticed many on Rennlist are very opinionated and "have" to be right, all the time... It reminds me of another high-end forum, and that's not a good thing. This guy wanted to share something different/cool and gets 4 pages of I don' know what.

Who cares what his use is or how he obtained it. Drive it, look at it, rub it down... whatever - enjoy your new ride and thanks for sharing!
The following 2 users liked this post by defiant2:
Butzi (09-09-2024), rasetsu (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 01:56 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,187 Posts

I know im gonna get tons of sh*t for this but whatever. You guys sh*tting on the OP really have to open your eyes. This guy probably has many many cars and is obviously past the point where he can have only one dream spec and is just wilding out. Props that he can even get this kind of commission.

Its hard to put miles on a car if its one of his twenty cars. And even if he doesn’t drive them, so what. He's past you guys who have one Carrera. So lighten up and talk about adding clears to your car or whatever's relevant to YOU.
The following 3 users liked this post by Shogunade:
rasetsu (09-09-2024), silversurfer6 (09-10-2024), Sully819 (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 04:02 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 907 Likes on 556 Posts

OP is sharing a fun commission that he's proud of and some of you have nothing better to say or do than to poop on it and on OP. Sure, it may not be to everyone's taste but he had fun with his opportunity. Some of you are why many of these unique builds get hidden away in storage garages never to be seen by anyone else. There are different type of owners who order different types of vehicles for different reasons. The insecurities being displayed by some here are just gross and weird.

OP, please don't let these few small minded people discourage you for sharing the cool stuff that you can afford and have the opportunity to own. Personally, I love seeing fun things like this.
Old 09-09-2024, 06:58 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Butzi
Quasi-doxxing of the OP because of Rennlister's wealth insecurities or their need-to-know of the OP's track plans?
10 second google search of his public posts and I'm doxxing, sheesh? How about 'OP posts a zillion dollar build in addition to his Dakar, 918 and Koeniggsegg - who wouldn't be curious?' SMH.

Last edited by jlegelis; 09-09-2024 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2024, 07:50 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Sure, I clicked on his Instagram (in his profile, like mine, but I own no exotics, just lots of random stuff). Saw he has 45k followers; photos of exotic cars; concluded it was his thing. I moved on.
I don't see the purpose of posting his LinkedIn etc...
Do what you like.

I think comments like "Must be daddy's money" by jmrichards are way out-of-bounds.

It's not like the OP was mouthing off or trolling; he posted his very expensive build that isn't for everyone, but suddenly everyone is offended. Wah!

I don't care if I **** people off voicing my opinion on this. I've been coming here on and off for 19 years and don't remember this level of confrontation or disdain.

Last edited by Butzi; 09-10-2024 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-10-2024, 12:37 AM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Butzi
Sure, I clicked on his Instagram (in his profile, like mine, but I own no exotics, just lots of random stuff). Saw he has 45k followers; photos of exotic cars; concluded it was his thing. I moved on.
I don't see the purpose of posting his LinkedIn etc...
Do what you like.

I think comments like "Must be daddy's money" by jmrichards are way out-of-bounds.

It's not like the OP was mouthing off or trolling; he posted his very expensive build that isn't for everyone, but suddenly everyone is offended. Wah!

I don't care if I **** people off voicing my opinion on this. I've been coming here on and off for 19 years and don't remember this level of confrontation or disdain.
Here's the problem with this jerk. He posts what may be the ugliest 911 I have ever seen, and advertises it as one of his "toys". I know a lot of people in this area that could buy him and sell him many times over. The key issue is that there are very few RS models made, and if Porsche had any ***** they would turn down this Ferrari wannabe and sell their true track cars to people who would actually use them as they were intended. So sad to see an enthusiast car company decide it is more important to sell garage queens than race cars.
jlegelis (09-10-2024)
Old 09-10-2024, 12:42 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmrichards
Here's the problem with this jerk. He posts what may be the ugliest 911 I have ever seen, and advertises it as one of his "toys". I know a lot of people in this area that could buy him and sell him many times over. The key issue is that there are very few RS models made, and if Porsche had any ***** they would turn down this Ferrari wannabe and sell their true track cars to people who would actually use them as they were intended. So sad to see an enthusiast car company decide it is more important to sell garage queens than race cars.
Sounds serious. Best of luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by Butzi:
rasetsu (09-10-2024), tourenwagen (09-10-2024)
Old 09-10-2024, 02:36 AM
dizz81
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
OP is sharing a fun commission that he's proud of and some of you have nothing better to say or do than to poop on it and on OP. Sure, it may not be to everyone's taste but he had fun with his opportunity. Some of you are why many of these unique builds get hidden away in storage garages never to be seen by anyone else. There are different type of owners who order different types of vehicles for different reasons. The insecurities being displayed by some here are just gross and weird.

OP, please don't let these few small minded people discourage you for sharing the cool stuff that you can afford and have the opportunity to own. Personally, I love seeing fun things like this.
You might want to check what you and everyone else is using again. This is the Internet and a public forum. The OP posted this trash looking car on again a public forum. We all get it, he's sharing his build, cool.

Some people like the build, some people think it's looks like ****. Take the good with the bad. You can't call people "small minded" just because they voiced their dislike for the build.
Old 09-10-2024, 09:47 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by defiant2
I have noticed many on Rennlist are very opinionated and "have" to be right, all the time... It reminds me of another high-end forum, and that's not a good thing. This guy wanted to share something different/cool and gets 4 pages of I don' know what.

Who cares what his use is or how he obtained it. Drive it, look at it, rub it down... whatever - enjoy your new ride and thanks for sharing!
lets not play games here ... that build is ****ing ridiculous. honestly, i am surprised Porsche AG would allow for this build. its like ... its like some weird hanna-barbera superhero car.

but hey, to each their own i suppose. as least he has a GT3RS in "wtf red/white" color scheme.

but hey ... i am a plane jane kind of guy.

Last edited by tmslc; 09-10-2024 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2024, 09:55 AM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 165 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by tmslc
lets not play games here ... that build is ****ing ridiculous. honestly, i am surprised Porsche AG would allow for this build. its like ... its like some weird hanna-barbera superhero car.

but hey, to each their own i suppose. as least he has a GT3RS in "wtf red/white" color scheme.
Italian and British manufacturers routinely allow such creations, so I'm not surprised Porsche does too... Gotta get that cash. I'm not stating one way or another if it's a fantastic design, just that the vitriole and general a-hole-ery in reply to the OP's posting is excessive and reminds me of what runied other (previously) good forums. (note I'm not calling you out here, just a reply to the thread) Everyone can have their opinion, but a return to polite civillity would be awesome, no? Rennlist, do better!

ps - is it "plain" or "plane" (RuPaul style?)? Love that 918 ; elegant (but do prefer the spoiler down)

Last edited by defiant2; 09-10-2024 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2024, 10:14 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 907 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by dizz81
You might want to check what you and everyone else is using again. This is the Internet and a public forum. The OP posted this trash looking car on again a public forum. We all get it, he's sharing his build, cool.

Some people like the build, some people think it's looks like ****. Take the good with the bad. You can't call people "small minded" just because they voiced their dislike for the build.
The small minded ones I'm thinking about are the ones all butt hurt that OP somehow doesn't deserve this car. Sure, the aesthetics are open to criticism but the out of nowhere cyberbullying personal attacks are completely uncalled for.

Last edited by rasetsu; 09-10-2024 at 10:28 AM.
Butzi (09-10-2024)

Quick Reply: NEW 2024 GT3RS ARRIVED (CXX+ EXAMPLE)