Sponsored by:

Is It Just Me?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
Paul018
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Is It Just Me?

My 992 has 12,000 miles and I have replaced all four tires twice so on my third set. The car is a nail magnet. I love this car like a Supermodel but this has gotten to beyond the point of frustrating. The thought of selling has entered my mind. Any support is more than welcome.
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
mreloc
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul018
My 992 has 12,000 miles and I have replaced all four tires twice so on my third set. The car is a nail magnet. I love this car like a Supermodel but this has gotten to beyond the point of frustrating. The thought of selling has entered my mind. Any support is more than welcome.
Do you have the wheel and tire protection? I just opted for that coverage and this post makes me feel good about it
The following users liked this post:
uter (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Paul018
Advanced

I did not purchase the wheel and tire package. When I took delivery in 2020 the dealership was closed due to Covid and just the mechanic and GM were there so there was no one there to offer me packages
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 925 Likes on 488 Posts

Wow. I’ve got 18,000 miles and 6 track days on the first set of tires. I do have a plug in one of them
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 308 Posts

I had one tire replaced in 2 years and 13000 miles. When I sold the car back to the dealer the tires had plenty of life left in them, and they CPO'd the car - no issues. I did have the wheel and tire insurance which covered one wheel with curb rash and the replacement of one tire with a nail. Maybe you've just been unlucky or your city doesn't have a good transportation department.

You can still buy wheel and tire through an insurance company that specializes in that sort of thing. I'm not sure if you can still buy insurance through Porsche.

Did all of the tires get nails twice or did you replace them all at one time so that you maintained the same wear on all of your tires?

Either way, If you love it, it's work keeping.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Paul018
Advanced

It’s Massachusetts and they would rather spend money on(can’t get into politics) than the roads. Only one has been plugged the rest the nails were in a bad spot. Five of the tires had only 1000-2000 miles. Good idea about insurance. I think AAA might have it.
Thanks
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,909 Likes on 1,024 Posts

No different than the BMW ///M crowd. Wider tires invite such things.
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM
hopetogolf
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

It’s Massachusetts and they would rather spend money on(can’t get into politics) than the roads. Only one has been plugged the rest the nails were in a bad spot. Five of the tires had only 1000-2000 miles. Good idea about insurance. I think AAA might have it.
Thanks
Regarding the AAA policy, make sure you take a close look and the policy and backers. I am in MA as well and given our horrible roads, I looked into buying a policy. I looked at the reviews of the companies that provide the AAA policy and took a pass.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
uter
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
Do you have the wheel and tire protection? I just opted for that coverage and this post makes me feel good about it
Funny, I just signed a purchase agreement today (with wheel & tire protection) and thought the same thing.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 106 Posts

Is there a reputable well known wheel & tire insurer that any of you know of without going through a Porsche dealer?
sids (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 800 Likes on 379 Posts

Find and buy tire and wheel insurance anywhere. Doing so is the best way to insure you will neveer pick up another nail or screw.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,265 Likes on 2,101 Posts

Originally Posted by Risley
Is there a reputable well known wheel & tire insurer that any of you know of without going through a Porsche dealer?
@Highline-Autos.com i believe offers one through Fidelity.
breny4104 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
@Highline-Autos.com i believe offers one through Fidelity.
...and from what I've read on Rennlist, Fidelity works fairly seamlessly with Porsche dealers.
shrimp money (Today)
Old Today, 12:16 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,510 Posts

Why would you sell the car because you are running over nails? Sounds like you should move!

Porsche tires are wide, other than that - they are no more susceptible to road hazards than any other tire.

Quick Reply: Is It Just Me?