Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Time Post re: first 911 carerra

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2024, 03:45 PM
lakersgo82
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ty all for your feedback. I'm flying to see the car and do a test drive. I have a prelim list of the cost. What I would like is if aft you review the line items if anything looks out of place (ie. questionable). I live in WA state the dealer is in CA. The dealer is doing all the paperwork to ensure all taxes and fees are paid to WA as required. Taxes in WA are high as there is no state income tax so....

I will also have a video made when I'm at dealership and will take lots of pictures myself.

List of fees:
​​​​​​Documentation Fee $85.00
Filing Fee $10.00
Service Fee $23.00
Title Fee $15.00
License Service Fee $0.50
License Plate Technology Fee $0.25
Emergency Medical Services Fee $4.00
Arbitration Fee $3.00
Plate Reflectivity $4.00
License Fee $30.00
Additional Weight Fee $10.00
Plate Fee $100.00
Weight Fee $25.00

Any other guidance prior to flying down to look for when I inspect the car visually is greatly appreciated...

Cheers
Old 09-01-2024, 03:57 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 328 Posts

Those are reasonable fees, if that's what you're asking. I would try to make sure you get the final cost before you go - you don't want them to have you over a barrel at closing time; they probably won't do anything untoward, but the know you are excited and may try to add stuff here and there because they know the can. Again, I don't think a Porsche dealer would do this but you never know.
Old 09-01-2024, 04:00 PM
lakersgo82
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many thx for doing a quick check and yes I was asking if these fees are reasonable (in-line what you may have seen in the past). I should clarify this is a Porsche dealer and as I have a prelim bill of sale in hand I will d-check to make sure there are no surprises...and the numbers listed in prior post are identical to final bill of sale.

Cheers...
Old 09-02-2024, 01:41 AM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lakersgo82
Ty all for your feedback. I'm flying to see the car and do a test drive. I have a prelim list of the cost. What I would like is if aft you review the line items if anything looks out of place (ie. questionable). I live in WA state the dealer is in CA. The dealer is doing all the paperwork to ensure all taxes and fees are paid to WA as required. Taxes in WA are high as there is no state income tax so....

I will also have a video made when I'm at dealership and will take lots of pictures myself.

List of fees:
​​​​​​Documentation Fee $85.00
Filing Fee $10.00
Service Fee $23.00
Title Fee $15.00
License Service Fee $0.50
License Plate Technology Fee $0.25
Emergency Medical Services Fee $4.00
Arbitration Fee $3.00
Plate Reflectivity $4.00
License Fee $30.00
Additional Weight Fee $10.00
Plate Fee $100.00
Weight Fee $25.00

Any other guidance prior to flying down to look for when I inspect the car visually is greatly appreciated...

Cheers
Washington charges a 1/2% “B&O” tax for the “privilege” of being able to sell to people in Washington state. My business is in Oregon and we collect sales tax for WA customers and have to pay 1/2% to WA on top of that. It’s ugly in a low margin business. I would not be surprised if a CA car dealer tried to make you cover that, and wouldn’t begrudge them for doing it. It’s not listed but be mentally prepared if they do try to add that on they’re not gouging.

Quick Reply: 1st Time Post re: first 911 carerra