Sponsored by:

Attaching badge to 992 grill

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Attaching badge to 992 grill

I found this OEM badge from Europe, and would like to attach it to my 992 rear grill. Any suggestions on how to do this without damaging the grill with the metal badge would be greatly appreciated:

Old Today, 12:40 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,678 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Two long screws and a metal backing plate. Locating a spot that will accommodate the position of the screws AND support the badge and the backing plate. That's the trick! Picture of the location I found for my PCA Badge on my C2S shown below. You'll either need/want to figure out how to protect the tops of the ribs where the edges of the badge cross them or accept that when you tighten the badge it will mark the tops of the ribs where the edges of the badge cross them.

Old Today, 04:29 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Two long screws and a metal backing plate. Locating a spot that will accommodate the position of the screws AND support the badge and the backing plate. That's the trick! Picture of the location I found for my PCA Badge on my C2S shown below. You'll either need/want to figure out how to protect the tops of the ribs where the edges of the badge cross them or accept that when you tighten the badge it will mark the tops of the ribs where the edges of the badge cross them.

Thanks very much. What does a backing plate look like, and how did you protect your ribs from being scratched?
Old Today, 04:46 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,998 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrichards
Thanks very much. What does a backing plate look like, and how did you protect your ribs from being scratched?
You're gonna have to DIY a soft-ish liner. I used an old mousepad.
The following users liked this post:
Kansas32 (Today)
Old Today, 06:50 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,678 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrichards
Here's what the backing plate looks like. (see below) In my case, the ribs are scratched. As long as I don't remove the roundel, it's all OK. So by default it is now a permanent part of my car. Either that or the purchase of a new grill will be required. Porsche Part Number: 992-827-077-M It's "only" $2,128.92 (list price).

Last edited by Bluehighways; Today at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Attaching badge to 992 grill