Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California car insurance rates- any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 09:47 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 916 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by jstap808
how much were they asking for your 911 on your prior insurance for 6-mo?
On my "regular" insurance it would have been $5600 a year.
Old 07-29-2024, 09:50 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 916 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by gwud2go
Porsche and Hagerty insurance are both new to me.... I will be in a similar situation come Nov for a new 992.2 meant as a daily and I need to get a new insurance for it in CA.
Any pro's and con's of these for the uninitiated? Thanks.
Hagerty is a stated value policy (which is easy on a brand new car). You have some restrictions, it can't be your daily driver car for work, errands, food shopping, post office, etc. But that doesn't mean you can't use it periodically for those activities.
The following users liked this post:
gwud2go (Yesterday)
Old 07-29-2024, 10:12 PM
Crusje
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
On my "regular" insurance it would have been $5600 a year.
Seems pretty high. I have 250/500 and I'm paying 1400/6m for the 911. X5 1000, giulia 900. Though I'm renewing August and it's 3500 so 200 increase. My home insurance is not bundled.
​​​​​

Last edited by Crusje; 07-29-2024 at 10:13 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM
PetePorscheSD
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Just did Hagerty today on a Targa... it was not bad.

They only took me because I already have a classic Mercedes insured with them. Hagerty was half as much then adding Targa to my trucks existing policy with Flo @ Progressive.

Was insured through Porsche last year here in California... bummed they pulled out. Was the best rate in town!
Old Yesterday, 01:34 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 228 Posts

i have had Mercury for 22 years with great experience overall. always seem to be the cheapest if you have a good record. i pay a little under $500 a month for a G550, 993 and Macan S.
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
garthg
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 151 Posts

$3,700 for insurance. $6 for gas.
Oh, but the weather is great.
Even with our expected increase I don't expect our insurance to be anywhere near OP's.

Last edited by garthg; Yesterday at 01:22 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Hunky
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Risley
Sold our home in Naples FL, we were DONE with the insurance BS. One year of homeowners and flood on our Naples home is what we pay to insure our NC home for 12 years!!! We rent a little condo now in Naples.
Monthly rentals in our high rise(N. Naples area adjacent to the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort) are 10k-12k/month in season. That gets heavy if you are renting for 5 months.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Hunky
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by garthg
$3,700 for insurance. $6 for gas.
Oh, but the weather is great.
Even with our expected increase I don't expect our insurance to be anywhere near OP's.
How about a fat 13% state income tax liability, absurd utility rates, drug addict bums sucking the life out of the metro areas, etc. We left there many years ago when the state was going downhill but no where near the disaster it is now on so many different levels.
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM
dizz81
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quarterscale
Yeah, that can happen depending which market or state you are in. You must live in a region where they are trying to cut losses by jacking up premiums to make their profit margins. Some companies will help you out with a comparison between your current premiums and a quote for something rewritten. Others will tell you that it's a gamble and will only reveal the savings OR increase after you given them approval for the rewrite. Yes, "bastards."
Yeah I'm living in cali for the moment. I've had USAA for over 20yrs (since a couple years after I joined the military), I haven't had any accidents or tickets in 15yrs. Seems like it doesn't matter anymore.

I think it might just be time to kick rocks and move out of cali (like so many others are doing lol).
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,822 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by dizz81
Yeah I'm living in cali for the moment. I've had USAA for over 20yrs (since a couple years after I joined the military), I haven't had any accidents or tickets in 15yrs. Seems like it doesn't matter anymore.

I think it might just be time to kick rocks and move out of cali (like so many others are doing lol).
Yep! The state has lost its way.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
Crusje
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
How about a fat 13% state income tax liability, absurd utility rates, drug addict bums sucking the life out of the metro areas, etc. We left there many years ago when the state was going downhill but no where near the disaster it is now on so many different levels.
Bro don't tell people to move so they can ruin other states with their voting habits.
The following 2 users liked this post by Crusje:
helispud (Yesterday), Hunky (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crusje
Bro don't tell people to move so they can ruin other states with their voting habits.
That’s the main issue; people moving from poorly run areas to better areas, but without a change in voting habits. Anecdotally, it’s the more conservative Californians moving out of the state, and moving to areas where there’s less blue (…and/or more freedom(s) ).
Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Mike818
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 183 Posts

California is the worlds 5th largest economy, has the highest GDP of any state, has the 4th highest GDP per capita of any state while also having almost double the population of the 1st.

But sure it's a disaster hell hole that everyone wants to escape from, including the 5.3 million registered Republican voters living here.
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike818
California is the worlds 5th largest economy, has the highest GDP of any state, has the 4th highest GDP per capita of any state while also having almost double the population of the 1st.

But sure it's a disaster hell hole that everyone wants to escape from, including the 5.3 million registered Republican voters living here.
What is stated in your first paragraph is irrelevant to those who despise the taxation, the way the state is governed, the significant increase in crime, etc. If you can’t acknowledge the downward turn the state has taken, you’re either lying to yourself or being completely disingenuous here. And those 5.3 million republican voters have no voice in California.
The following users liked this post:
dizz81 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
Mike818
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
What is stated in your first paragraph is irrelevant to those who despise the taxation, the way the state is governed, the significant increase in crime, etc. If you can’t acknowledge the downward turn the state has taken, you’re either lying to yourself or being completely disingenuous here. And those 5.3 million republican voters have no voice in California.
You're right, I forgot economic success and prosperity are only important to Democrats.

Quick Reply: California car insurance rates- any recommendations?