Sponsored by:

LCA reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024, 07:11 PM
ASuh
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 21 Posts
Default LCA reprogramming

I took my car into the dealership today to have the LCA reprogrammed. I had my car PPF’d and apparently removing the side mirrors with the ignition on somehow disables the function. Anyways, after reading through the forums I expected to pay around $250 for the service. The dealership quoted $1500 to remove both doors and to continue testing the car. They claimed the issue could possibly stem from the installation of the aftermarket speakers I had installed even though I told them that the LCA code first came up immediately after having done the PPF and weeks before I had my sound system installed. Service manager still insisted that they had to remove the doors before they could attempt to clear the codes. Should I try taking my car to another dealership or to an independent shop?
The following users liked this post:
Vernin (07-18-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 09:21 PM
dak656
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ASuh
I took my car into the dealership today to have the LCA reprogrammed. I had my car PPF’d and apparently removing the side mirrors with the ignition on somehow disables the function. Anyways, after reading through the forums I expected to pay around $250 for the service. The dealership quoted $1500 to remove both doors and to continue testing the car. They claimed the issue could possibly stem from the installation of the aftermarket speakers I had installed even though I told them that the LCA code first came up immediately after having done the PPF and weeks before I had my sound system installed. Service manager still insisted that they had to remove the doors before they could attempt to clear the codes. Should I try taking my car to another dealership or to an independent shop?
Sounds like you should call your PPF shop and ask them what they'd like to do, since they'll be paying for this.
The following 2 users liked this post by dak656:
alaris (07-24-2024), Vernin (07-18-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 10:09 PM
Hotshottt06
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 43 Posts

I pulled my mirrors to paint them and got the same LCA error after re-install. Had my car at the shop getting KW HAS installed and the shop reset the LCA. Any Indy shop that works on Porsche and has the ability to reset service intervals can also reset the LCA.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:27 PM
981KMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 751 Likes on 366 Posts

Same issue after PPF install. They had turned the ignition ON, with the side mirrors off the car.

Local dealer reinitialized the LCA system using a PIWIS for free. Took 15 minutes. The tech said, I might have been able to get the system to reinitialize itself if I had changed the brightness of the indicator lights?

Anyways, it took only 15 minutes, and the dealer did not charge me anything.

Old 07-23-2024, 03:54 PM
ASuh
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 21 Posts

I flashed the ecu last night using M-tuner and clearing the faults through the program seems to have fixed the LCA. Ridiculous how the dealership wanted to waste time when a simple clearing of the fault codes sufficed.
The following users liked this post:
freesole (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 03:59 PM
freesole
Instructor

Received 197 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ASuh
I flashed the ecu last night using M-tuner and clearing the faults through the program seems to have fixed the LCA. Ridiculous how the dealership wanted to waste time when a simple clearing of the fault codes sufficed.
Great to hear that worked! The dealership I worked with re-initialized LCA and charged me $230ish. So $1,500 is way excessive.

Quick Reply: LCA reprogramming