Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old school leather / vinyl bra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 12:58 AM
nolanick
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Lollll this thread. Thanks all. I had success with them in the past...with other sports cars. just would use for the road trip then remove immediately. No worries about scratches or moisture. Far more protection that ppf… but alas, guess it’s just not a thing anymore.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:56 PM
achilleas101
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by nolanick
Lollll this thread. Thanks all. I had success with them in the past...with other sports cars. just would use for the road trip then remove immediately. No worries about scratches or moisture. Far more protection that ppf… but alas, guess it’s just not a thing anymore.
heh, same here. I had one for my 2003 A4, and only used for long trips. The amount of bugs and crap that thing collected was amazing. Never had any issues with it scratching or damaging the paint. Would never put it on the 911 though.
The following users liked this post:
nolanick (07-09-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 10:28 AM
J Irwan
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 64 Posts

I had this Colgan bra that I bough for my BMW in the early 90's.

The key here is to use it only for Road trip. Its never meant to be left on the car for longer period of time.

The drawback, best to install when the car is clean, and that is not always practical (depending on the weather (rain, etc) and when you need to install it on the car).

The clear bra is the best invention since this colgan/vinyl bra, as it is there more permanently and it will provide protection regardless weather (the only stipulation on the clear bra is that the paint need to be prepped and clean for installation).

Quick Reply: Old school leather / vinyl bra?