Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCR Group Buy: Anyone recieve theirs yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 08:39 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts
Default SCR Group Buy: Anyone recieve theirs yet?

I participated in the speaker upgrade group buy from SCR Distribution posted by FazedChicken in early May. The Mods have since pulled down the thread. I sent my money on May 11th. I followed up with Peter a couple weeks later since I had not received any confirmation and he told me they were waiting on their supplier. I emailed him again on May 31 for an update because I want to schedule the install shop for the same time I am having other stuff done on the car and want to make a decision whether I wait or do it in two visits. Nothing back from Peter. Emailed him again on June 7th and crickets. I sent an IM to FaxedChicken earlier this week and have gotten no response.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the delay and total lack of communication is starting to get me worried. More than that, I really want to schedule the other work on the car already. I will wait a bit if the speakers are coming soon since the shop is about an hour away, but I would hate to put that off for nothing.

Has anyone else started to receive their speakers? Anyone else heard of anything?
Old 06-13-2024, 10:35 AM
jezzaa
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

In the same boat.

on the 718forum there is a similar thread for the same group buy. Last update a few days ago from fazedchicken is that Peter’s stocks are arriving at his shop just about now and orders may start shipping soon.

they are still very active on their Facebook page and there was a FB post showing a picture of speakers for 992 group buy that arrived.

we should be good.

Old 06-13-2024, 12:27 PM
silencei2
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

I purchased speakers from SCR as part of that deal but picked upgraded Audiofrog speakers that weren't part of any of the bundles. Sent payment May 8th and they were shipped by SCR May 14th.

Everything came as discussed, shipping was via Fedex and sender details aligned with SCR Distribution, etc.

Hopefully this eases your concerns that this could have been a scam.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:52 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. Feeling better. Just wish they would respond so I can schedule.

Quick Reply: SCR Group Buy: Anyone recieve theirs yet?