Sponsored by:

992.2 GTS Sport design package?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 03:21 AM
sg13
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 992.2 GTS Sport design package?

Why doesn't sport design package come standard on the 992.2 GTS? 992.1 GTS has the sport design package standard which makes sense.

I understand that the active shutters need to be black but the aurrounding front bumper can be body colored. No?
Old 06-11-2024, 03:35 AM
user 999993337
Banned

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by sg13
Why doesn't sport design package come standard on the 992.2 GTS? 992.1 GTS has the sport design package standard which makes sense.

I understand that the active shutters need to be black but the aurrounding front bumper can be body colored. No?
It does come as standard what makes you think it doesn't? The Gloss Black package is only to add some gloss black shine to some of the parts. There is a thread that talks about the differences of both. Below are some pictures of the base with and without design package, and a GTS.

GTS Sports Design

Base Sports Design

Base
The following users liked this post:
Timeless992 (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 03:46 AM
sg13
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by melhechi
It does come as standard what makes you think it doesn't? The Gloss Black package is only to add some gloss black shine to some of the parts. There is a thread that talks about the differences of both. Below are some pictures of the base with and without design package, and a GTS.
992 sport design package has colored bumper in the front. Not an option in 992.2 right? If I am right that just seems absurd.
Even the rear of the new GTS does not have the rear of the sport desbin package that is available in the base Carrera (means the colored bumper in the rear).

Painted bumpers complete the look of GTS I feel and separates it from the base. Don't know why it is not offered.
Old 06-11-2024, 10:13 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by sg13
992 sport design package has colored bumper in the front. Not an option in 992.2 right? If I am right that just seems absurd.
Even the rear of the new GTS does not have the rear of the sport desbin package that is available in the base Carrera (means the colored bumper in the rear).

Painted bumpers complete the look of GTS I feel and separates it from the base. Don't know why it is not offered.
GTS always has the certain trim parts of the Sport Design bumpers (front and back) as matte black. Now with 992.2 it seems the entire bumpers are mostly matte black since the new Sport Design "bumpers" are not that different from the base bumpers at all. They are mainly just painted trim (extremely stupid money grab if you ask me). This is why it now looks that there is not much of the coloured part in the Sport Design version of the front and back bumpers. Essentially in the back, the Sport Design "bumper" is now, de facto, exactly the same as in the base version, just painted into different colors (or matte/shiny black). With upcoming S and 4S the Sport Design bumpers will have the same amount of coloured trim as the bumpers in the Base car now (and potentially will look better than the GTS, especially in the back) In my opinion, the front lower splitter could be painted in body colour as well and then the difference would be bigger (however still not worthwile investment-wise).
The following 2 users liked this post by TheGreatJ:
sg13 (06-11-2024), Timeless992 (06-11-2024)

Quick Reply: 992.2 GTS Sport design package?