Sponsored by:

992 Center Armrest Lid Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 08:53 PM
chilliwilli
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 992 Center Armrest Lid Removal

Hi all! I have a 2024 992 GTS that I have been adding bits and pieces to. My factory supplied padded center armrest lid got some kind of oil or grease on it during shipping or some such. Delivery leather treatment masked this mark. Found it after cleaning and treating leather with Porsche Tequipment Cleaner and Conditioner. Lid is plain and unscribed. Unsightly smudge. I ordered a replacement black "GTS" inscribed lid assy from Suncoast Porsche Parts. There is a mechanized hinge assy that is attached to armrest lid and has to be mounted. Removals in car are the armrest lid,insert, and hinge joint, as well as the conjoining rear center cover that extends to back toward rear seats. I have seen center console removal videos (for numeric shifter install) and do have exploded views of armrest lid,hinge, and insert, but no video or procedure. Do not have any data on conjoining rear center cover that extends to back toward rear seats. Does anyone have any data or procedural knowledge of removing and replacing the armrest lid in 2020 or newer 992 Carreras? Have seen 991 armrest lid videos on you tube, but not 992 ones (yet). Any help or advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:58 PM
silencei2
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chilliwilli
Hi all! I have a 2024 992 GTS that I have been adding bits and pieces to. My factory supplied padded center armrest lid got some kind of oil or grease on it during shipping or some such. Delivery leather treatment masked this mark. Found it after cleaning and treating leather with Porsche Tequipment Cleaner and Conditioner. Lid is plain and unscribed. Unsightly smudge. I ordered a replacement black "GTS" inscribed lid assy from Suncoast Porsche Parts. There is a mechanized hinge assy that is attached to armrest lid and has to be mounted. Removals in car are the armrest lid,insert, and hinge joint, as well as the conjoining rear center cover that extends to back toward rear seats. I have seen center console removal videos (for numeric shifter install) and do have exploded views of armrest lid,hinge, and insert, but no video or procedure. Do not have any data on conjoining rear center cover that extends to back toward rear seats. Does anyone have any data or procedural knowledge of removing and replacing the armrest lid in 2020 or newer 992 Carreras? Have seen 991 armrest lid videos on you tube, but not 992 ones (yet). Any help or advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
This video shows how to remove the center tunnel cover which looks to uncover the bolts holding the center console arm rest. Good luck.

Old 06-13-2024, 07:48 PM
chilliwilli
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks silence i2! That's the ticket...did not continue digging on this the last few days. Got some dealer info too, but cryptic sequencing in graphics..I am hoping that removing the section (just aft of center console lid in video that was initially masked off) will be sufficient for hinge assy access, but that rear seat tunnel and seat bolster section may have to lift up too for complete access. Not impossible-rear section removal for 992 looks similar to 991 removals I have seen before. Appreciate it- thanks again-will post something on my experience in case someone else upgrades their 992 armrest and needs a procedure.

Quick Reply: 992 Center Armrest Lid Removal