Sponsored by:

Noob Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 07:36 PM
Hello14
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sk911
Porsche dealers usually work on a 20% minimum profit for CPO sales...so they probably paid around $120K with a $24k (20%) profit...that gets them to the $145K number. They may be willing to negotiate depending on the cost of the CPO work. CPO cost them for the very basic inspection with nothing found around $2K... but if it needed tires, that's another $2K, or any of the regular maintenance services (10k or 20k) that could be another $2K...so it starts to add up and their profit starts to diminish. I would think on a 6K mile car, nothing was needed (maybe tires).

They almost always buy cars offering average to rough numbers...but the same car after it's been CPO'd now has an extra clean value....lol!
I wouldn't spend the extra money on an additional PPI....no one knows these cars better than the dealer...plus the car has the remaining new car warranty plus the added 2 years CPO...you should be good.

Couple of additional points-
  1. Ask for the CPO inspection report, it will let you know what issues (if any) needed to be corrected.
  2. Get a Carfax (or similar) report to show ownership history status (fleet car, corporate car, lease, etc)
  3. The Carfax will also show any reported accidents and where the car was originally sold and when any maintenance was completed
  4. I highly recommend you catch a flight to Florida to put eyes on the car and to test drive it...flights are cheap compared to the price of the car.
I did the same thing you're doing...flew across country a couple of times only to be a little disappointed with the car when actually seeing it in person...thank goodness flights were cheap...I ultimately found an allocation and bought a new one. Funny this is ...the new one was less than a CPO one, plus I was able to build it to my specs and it will have zero miles. I'll be the first one to drive it! So, take a serious look into what you really need in this car and compare that to a new build...you may be surprised.
how long did it take you to get an allocation?
Old 06-06-2024, 07:59 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

IMHO it’s a very odd ‘a la carte’ build.. I’d say 90% of US C2S’ have the sport package and premium package which includes many useful goodies like surround view, lane change assist, sport pasm, etc. This car is missing those… I’d keep looking…

Last edited by jlegelis; 06-06-2024 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2024, 08:18 PM
Hello14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlegelis
IMHO it’s a very odd ‘a la carte’ build.. I’d say 90% of US C2S’ have the sport package and premium package which includes many useful goodies like surround view, lane change assist, sport pasm, etc. This car is missing those… I’d keep looking…
this has the sport chrono package just not the premium package which I don’t care too much for. I like PASM. Just using it as my daily driver
The following users liked this post:
Tobeit (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 08:22 PM
Dave16
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 34 Posts

Its subjective of course, but I was in a similar situation and now I am quite happy to have a car that has more of an analog feel. My CPO 2022 came with a minimum of tech/assistants. No surround view, blind spot monitoring, sunroof, or lane change assist. It has a manual transmission, PSE, sport plus seats (no memory), and aerokit. I love it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dave16:
Gary12000 (06-07-2024), Hello14 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 08:25 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

it has the stuff that matters..for a lot of people here who use it as second or third car features that help you cruising on highway are of no interest. These are not used as daily drivers and this car is spec’s for performance and appearance and not convenience. I like it.
Hello14 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 08:29 PM
Hello14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tobeit
it has the stuff that matters..for a lot of people here who use it as second or third car features that help you cruising on highway are of no interest. These are not used as daily drivers and this car is spec’s for performance and appearance and not convenience. I like it.
my only nit with this car is can’t I get a new 2024 model for roughly the same price? Granted this is an S model and I’m looking at base Carerra on the configurator but realistically I don’t think I need the extra HP of an S

Last edited by Hello14; 06-06-2024 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2024, 08:30 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

In states with bad roads (basically every state in the northeast, and many others in the snowbelt), SPASM is undesirable in my opinion because that small loss in suspension travel makes the ride harsh. People get caught up in the wheel well gap aesthetics as opposed to the drivability of the car on the (crumbling) public roads in those places.
Hello14 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 08:37 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hello14
my only nit with this car is can’t I get a new 2024 model for roughly the same price?
I think you can’t configure 2024 S models anymore but my guess is if you would have it would have come up to 165/170. Bare bone S is already 130k - leather, SC, Aerokit, FAL, seats PSE etc all add $3-5k
Hello14 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 08:41 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

@Tobeit he *is* going to use it as a daily (like myself). For that use case, lack of surround view is a deal breaker for me.

In any case according to PPN (I have a subscription) it's had three separate recent services for injector or spark plug issues. No thanks, hard pass, there are many other fish in the sea.

Old 06-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Hello14
Intermediate

@Tobeit he *is* going to use it as a daily (like myself). For that use case, lack of surround view is a deal breaker for me.

In any case according to PPN (I have a subscription) it's had three separate recent services for injector or spark plug issues. No thanks, hard pass, there are many other fish in the sea.

@jlegelis

thank you for flagging. Some questions: 1. What is the use case for surround view and 2. How do I get access to PPN so i can see if other cars i look at have similar issues that the dealer isn’t disclosing? Now I feel like it’s bad to just look at the CPO inspection report and car fax bc those don’t tell the whole story.
Old 06-06-2024, 08:55 PM
scornwel
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It’s CPO from a Porsche Dealer. However, is it still worth getting a PPI done on the car in that case. I don’t want to take any risks as this is a lot of money and I’m not physically seeing the car before I buy it (car is in FL, I’m in CA).

And WOW. This is really helpful knowledge re pricing going in. I’ll definitely negotiate and will follow up with you here with what I end up paying. Thanks!
@yrralis1 Here's a FL car that needs an eval. Larry- Are you close?

OP- Where is this car? What dealership?
Old 06-06-2024, 08:57 PM
Hello14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scornwel
@yrralis1 Here's a FL car that needs an eval. Larry- Are you close?

OP- Where is this car? What dealership?
@scornwel

thank you - it’s in Florida at Porsche Melbourne
Tobeit (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 09:02 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

@jlegelis

thank you for flagging. Some questions: 1. What is the use case for surround view and 2. How do I get access to PPN so i can see if other cars i look at have similar issues that the dealer isn’t disclosing? Now I feel like it’s bad to just look at the CPO inspection report and car fax bc those don’t tell the whole story.
that’s the value of CPO! Even new cars have problems some time but CPO covers it all. Also, you can extend the warranty before CPO is over.
Old 06-06-2024, 09:07 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I see where you're coming from and to you those features may be important.
But these are bespoke built cars, and you'll probably will not see two that have 100% identical builds.
This car (which has SPASM standard) is no different...it has specs that for some are lacking, but for at least two individuals (former owner and future owner) its exactly a car they are willing to pay for.
I've actively looked at over 60 "S", "T" and Base 992's in the past year while searching for the "perfect" car and I've seen all kinds of option combinations...some good and some not so good, but again that's one person's opinion. I can say that 90% of those did not have the premium package...probably about 20% of them did. It all comes down to what the original owner optioned for their needs or desires.
Hello14 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 09:32 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

@jlegelis

Surround view provides a 360-degree view through the PCM display of the car while in reverse or when pulling into a parking spot. So, when you're parking or leaving a parking spot, you'll be able to see things like curbs and barriers and prevent striking those objects with your bumper or wheels.
Its handy, but not 100% for everyone. Like every other option, you will have people that like it and some that hate it.
Cars without the 360-surround view (no mirror cameras), get the standard camera views which are just the front and rear...not the sides.

As for the flagged errors...just have them run the diagnostic again...the readout will show any issues.
All three events are shown on the Carfax...but as I said before, Carfax is just a guide and is not to be used to see 100% of the details of the issues.
Since all the services were done at this dealer...ask for all the maintenance records and shop visits. They should not have an issue getting those for you.
This is why you have a warranty.

Last edited by sk911; 06-06-2024 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Noob Question