Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 12:16 PM
Mike818
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I'd spec rear axle steering.
+1

If you use your 911 in the real world, doing real car stuff, RAS is amazing.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:31 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 217 Posts

So much of the spec is personal, but my two cents is that a brighter / more striking colour works better with the T. The flat / primer grey thing is a bit overdone and gives the car a pretty conservative look that may be too understated.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:47 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 583 Likes on 298 Posts

Rear axle steer kills the rear engine feel. Only get that option if you want the car to feel less like a 911. I have some pretty good time in both examples. I much prefer a non rear axle steer car. If I could take no active engine mount with the no rear steer I would but that wasn't possible on the T. Outside of the feel you can at times also catch the phase switch and it's somewhat odd when at or near the limit. In a 911 the rear of the car changing in some way while driving is not ideal, to me.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:51 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

Chalk - YES!
7MT - YES!
Sunroof - No. It breaks up the lines of the car. Keep that chalk flowing through the roof.
Seats - I love my 18 ways, but up to you.
Extended Range Tank - YES!
Satin Black Wheels - I personally don't like black wheels.
Power Steering Plus - Definitely skip.
Ionizer - Sure if you want.
Fuel Cap - I got mine from Suncoast, so yes.
LCA - I would skip.
PDLS - I didn't and the car is fine but a lot of folks like it.
Tach and Belts in Red - YES. Skip the Chrono ring, it doesn't look as good. If anything consider the upgraded Design clock.
Smoking - Yes.
BOSE - Yes.
Surround View and Storage - I would skip both.
Dashcam wiring and Smoking package - Yes.
Puddle Lights - SKIP!!! Are the illuminated brushed aluminum sills available on the T?
You can always add the stickers from Suncoast if you decide. Personally I like the script without the block bar, and go with Red to match the belts, calibers, light bar.
Old 06-06-2024, 12:56 PM
Mike818
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Rear axle steer kills the rear engine feel. Only get that option if you want the car to feel less like a 911. I have some pretty good time in both examples. I much prefer a non rear axle steer car. If I could take no active engine mount with the no rear steer I would but that wasn't possible on the T. Outside of the feel you can at times also catch the phase switch and it's somewhat odd when at or near the limit. In a 911 the rear of the car changing in some way while driving is not ideal, to me.
It feels like a modern 911. You want the car to be something it isn't, an old car with obsolete technology. If that's what you want then that's fine, but you don't have to throw shade.

It's like an F22 pilot complaining about thrust vectoring because it doesn't feel like their F15 use to.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:07 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 886 Likes on 544 Posts

I would never tell anyone they "don't need" a specific option. None of this is needed. The entire car isn't needed.

RAS changes the driving feel. Some like it, some don't. It does what it's advertised to do. If you want a more "pure" old school rear engine handling dynamic, don't option it. If you want the car to rotate like it's on rails, take it.

Smoking pack is just an ashtray cup. You can keep it in your car as a small trash receptacle or on your desk as a pencil holder. It's free. No harm, no foul.

I think the PDLS+ headlights are a nice cosmetic upgrade over the standard ones because of the full black housing.

Surround view is very convenient. Definitely keep that.

I recommend taking the side graphics. Again, they are free. If you really don't like them, they are easily removeable. They give a nice subtle contrast to chalk along with the mirror caps.

Which leads me to the black wheels. IMO, black wheels are so played out. Especially satin black ones which just quickly turn brown with brake dust. It doesn't matter if you ceramic coat the wheels. Trust me on this as I happen have two Porsches with satin black wheels. The standard gloss coated gray wheels are much more unique and tie in with the mirror caps and rear badging. If you keep the side graphics, it all just flows. The Porsche designers knew what they were doing with these style elements. Embrace the unique T style elements.

Lastly, I concur that December delivery of any .1 seems unreasonably late. The configurator has already taken away the build function for .1 models. I would think July would be the last freeze dates for .1 with maybe October/November being final deliveries.

Last edited by rasetsu; 06-06-2024 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:15 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 583 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike818
It feels like a modern 911. You want the car to be something it isn't, an old car with obsolete technology. If that's what you want then that's fine, but you don't have to throw shade.

It's like an F22 pilot complaining about thrust vectoring because it doesn't feel like their F15 use to.
no shade. I mean it feels less like a car that will tuck its nose in on throttle lift. That can be present in the modern 911, that's why it's appealing still. You remove that quality. Has nothing to do with trying to make something into something else.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:35 PM
azcat7
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really appreciate the input, with full leather do you still get the sport tex on in the middle of the seat? kinda like that contrast of materials... getting rid of PSP (many have said the same)
Old 06-06-2024, 03:36 PM
azcat7
Cruisin'

I was worried about the same when i heard those projections, I have a comm number and verified on porsche website- is there anything additional I can do? have you heard of orders cancelled as time goes on? thx
Old 06-06-2024, 03:37 PM
azcat7
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by anjizkit
yeah should be late October at the dealer. no? OP, which country are you at?
Late nov at earliest, in the US
The following users liked this post:
anjizkit (06-09-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 03:38 PM
azcat7
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by anjizkit
I just came back from a Hour of night driving in my T and I ironically I was giving my specs a thought!

Chalk (good)
7MT (good)
Glass sliding sunroof ( I like this because it breaks the large expanse of color in the body panels)
standard sport plus 4 way seats (give this some time, I hated it when I sat on it first, now my muscle memory is building up and I am loving the hard deep seats)
extended range tank (oh yes! its a sweet sweet thing!, if you want to save weight, just fill to half lol)

satin black wheels (nope, I think you should stick with the grey wheels, why, it will go with he grey mirror caps and the letterings very well, also when u do the GT3 side skirts, its more on the titanium grey side than black. stick with grey wheels)
also chalk + grey bits are gonna be sweet sweet sweet!

power steering plus (not worth it, the standard steering is actually very epic. also RAS is not needed unless you will track the car competitively, the running radius is better then my 87 targa with normal steering)

ionizer (yes please, I missed this one. my bedroom has one and oh it it feels great, makes the driving experience like a cab with a breath of fresh air)
exclusive fuel cap (yeah, I added it, cheap)
LCA (mmmmm. well I still look over my shoulders while changing lanes, its a small car and you will be ok with or without. depends on what type of driver are you (hey dont cheat, be truthful with urself about ur driving style or ask you other half, they give an unbiased opinion) )

PDLS+ (ahh.. mmm not needed honestly)

central tach/sport chrono/belts in red. (chrono, tach is already adds a lot of red. I think you can skip the seat belts, its gonna be too much red)

smoking package (cool)
BOSE (yes, its pretty decently good)
surround view (yes please. parking in garages is a pain from side view)
storage package (yeah, some dont like nets, honestly no harm, but I never used it yet)
prep for dashcam (yes)
ambient lighting (ohh yes, makes a big difference, small things like lights the footwells and bottles, its lovely)
rear seats (yes, I have kids who ride so yes to rear seats, also the sun roof helps to reduce back seat claustrophobia big time )
puddle light projectors (I like them)

debating- PDLS+, side sticker badging (the side decal will look Nice on chalk, and if you keep them will go well with your grey wheels. if u keeping black wheels, the mirror and side decals will look like a conflicting drama)

I would cut a few options and get the full leather. dont do the chalk sticking, its barely noticeable, do the green if you have to get color (goes with ur chalk exterior) else just stick with non color full leather one .. (the 4k one)
FAL: I use it. I am very very happy and grateful I have it. drive around ur usual places and see if u need it. else dont bother.

dont do aluminum pedals, (get the numeric ones later)

chalk looks superb with he standard bumper BTW. u will do fine there. also chalk will look find with the red taillight bar, dont need the exclusive one.

hope it helps. if around DFW lemme know and I can bring my T along to help.
THis is super helpful ! thanks a ton! will give some more thought to the black satin, prob get rid of red tach- really want red seatbelts for some reason and will take that into account with PDLS+. appreciate you insight!
The following users liked this post:
anjizkit (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 03:39 PM
azcat7
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sk911
Agreed...don't think any .1's will be rolling down the assembly line in Aug./Sept. 2024.
Thanks Im a little worried also , Ive confirmed the dates using the comm number provided on the website, would an additional phone call be worth while? thanks
Old 06-06-2024, 03:41 PM
azcat7
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Ceepe
I have an estimated late June build with an August 5th statedside ETA and I was thinking this had to be close to the end. Can't imagine cars coming in October still, let alone after that, but maybe. Market dependent maybe?
Yeah I have no idea, but its concerning, might be the last 2024 built lol... hopefully they dont cancel the order !
Old 06-06-2024, 03:43 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 954 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by azcat7
Yeah I have no idea, but its concerning, might be the last 2024 built lol... hopefully they dont cancel the order !
is it v200?
Old 06-06-2024, 04:39 PM
azcat7
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Icegrill
is it v200?
Yes, a v200 (delivery date determined) was provided on the build sheet but no email or contract or anything like that.... 5k deposit

Quick Reply: 2024 Carrera T Spec