Sponsored by:

2023 911 T questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 10:57 AM
F8T and 911T
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 2023 911 T questions

Is there a place in dash that shows when the engine/trans/tires are warmed up to operating temp? I can’t seem to find it and being a turbo ‘sports’ car, I’d assume this info must be somewhere. Tire temp is so important and of course, warming the engine and turbos before driving ‘hard’ is also important. My F8 has it of course and it’s like the Bible when it comes to how and how hard you drive. Thanks for the assist.

Also, I do t see an inverted hex head piece for the lug bolts. Was I supposed to have one in the little area of tools under the bonnet? Or is this something I just have to find and buy?

I hope I can find this thread again to come back and see if anyone answered but it’s a long shot 😅

and after one day and one night, I’m really liking the car. The fit n finish is excellent everywhere!! And it drives quite well too. I’m happily surprised.
Old 06-03-2024, 12:48 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 392 Posts

You can read the engine oil and coolant temps off the dash. For tires times, you'll have to infer by tire pressure. To read the trans temp, you'd need something like a Launch X431 or Thinkdiag to plug into the OBDII port and read all the sensors. The ECu does get that info, but there's not an option to display the trans oil temp on the dash from what I know.
Old 06-03-2024, 01:19 PM
F8T and 911T
Instructor

Originally Posted by spdracerut
You can read the engine oil and coolant temps off the dash. For tires times, you'll have to infer by tire pressure. To read the trans temp, you'd need something like a Launch X431 or Thinkdiag to plug into the OBDII port and read all the sensors. The ECu does get that info, but there's not an option to display the trans oil temp on the dash from what I know.
Ah ok thank you…. Yes I can see where temps of oil and trans etc are written but don’t know what temp is ‘warmed up’ or ready to go. And thank you again that there isn’t a tire temp indicator. Thought I was just being stupid and couldn’t find them
Old 06-03-2024, 02:32 PM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 28 Posts

Coolant temp will warm up faster than oil temp.
Don't remember where I got the info, but some video somewhere, was a quote from one of the Porsche engineers/GT department that if the engine oil is >40C, you can go for it. normal operating temp is between ~90-100C
Old 06-03-2024, 08:29 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by F8T and 911T
Ah ok thank you…. Yes I can see where temps of oil and trans etc are written but don’t know what temp is ‘warmed up’ or ready to go. And thank you again that there isn’t a tire temp indicator. Thought I was just being stupid and couldn’t find them
There are tire temp indicators, but they are graphic and not numerical. They are the small, blue (when cold) bars displayed next to the tire pressures. Not super useful for track purposes, as they measure the temperature of the internal air volume and not the actual tread. However, for road purposes/speeds they are a good enough indicator (once they turn white) of when it’s safe to assume the tires aren’t cold. Of course that can just as easily be inferred from tire pressure, but they are there nonetheless.

Last edited by cgaites; 06-03-2024 at 08:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
F8T and 911T (06-04-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 03:29 PM
F8T and 911T
Instructor

Originally Posted by cgaites
There are tire temp indicators, but they are graphic and not numerical. They are the small, blue (when cold) bars displayed next to the tire pressures. Not super useful for track purposes, as they measure the temperature of the internal air volume and not the actual tread. However, for road purposes/speeds they are a good enough indicator (once they turn white) of when it’s safe to assume the tires aren’t cold. Of course that can just as easily be inferred from tire pressure, but they are there nonetheless.
ah thank you! … and what about the socket/tool to remove wheels? Should I have this reverse hex head socket type thing somewhere? Does it come with car? I kinda see a circular spot in the foam tool kit where it looks like it would go but nothing in there
Old 06-04-2024, 04:06 PM
F8T and 911T
Instructor

I see now. There’s no inverted hex head tool needed. Those are just designs on Porsche lol. I thought they were the same as the titanium bolts on Ferrari that require to be removed with that inverted tool

Quick Reply: 2023 911 T questions