Sponsored by:

Finding an Allocation or Alerts for used market

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 12:05 AM
jackclsf
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finding an Allocation or Alerts for used market

I'm new to the Porsche world and looking for a 992 C2S in the San Francisco Bay Area. Not like purchasing cars in the past...

I've called a few dealers and met with one as well, but it seems like a tedious process figuring out who has an allocation. Is there any centralized resource or better way than calling everyone in a given radius?

Also, I've been scoping out Rennlist, PCARMarket, Craigslist, Cargurus, PCA Mart for used options. Is there any site or browser extension that can aggregate and send alerts when something new popus up?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Last edited by jackclsf; 05-30-2024 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 12:15 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

I think you meant 992. You’re on the right track for a new 992 allocation, and no magic process for finding an allocation. Varies by dealer and model. Happy hunting.
Old 05-30-2024, 12:24 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,192 Likes on 1,479 Posts

With the 992.2 right on the horizon and being switched over for 2025 model year you can probably get a slot for that fairly easy.

if you want a 992.1 you probably will have to take something that has a bail out from a client if you want new. Every dealer has a list of people to call when someone bails on a new 911, its never going to get listed somewhere. Have dealers call you when they get one, then be willing to accept something less than yoru ideal configuration.
Old 05-30-2024, 12:50 AM
jackclsf
Track Day

Thank you both.

I don’t care if it’s a 992.1 or 992.2, so long as I can get the S trim in a manual.

The configuration tool doesn’t have the S in the update yet, but maybe I can call around to see which dealer can get me a slot.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Whitten (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 01:04 AM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,425 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by jackclsf
Thank you both.

I don’t care if it’s a 992.1 or 992.2, so long as I can get the S trim in a manual.

The configuration tool doesn’t have the S in the update yet, but maybe I can call around to see which dealer can get me a slot.
992.2 S hasn't been released and no specs have been announced, so it's impossible to say if a manual will be available and you certainly can't get allocation for one.

If you want a manual S, your best bet is probably to try to find a dealer with a last minute .1 allocation, or a bail-out.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fishah:
drcollie (05-30-2024), Porsche992 (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 01:14 AM
jackclsf
Track Day

Originally Posted by Fishah
992.2 S hasn't been released and no specs have been announced, so it's impossible to say if a manual will be available and you certainly can't get allocation for one.

If you want a manual S, your best bet is probably to try to find a dealer with a last minute .1 allocation, or a bail-out.
I did see dealers in Illinois and Arizona with cars with fairly close builds. I guess I could consider those.

There was a 2023 GTS with 13k miles available, but it was over list price and every single option selected pushed the price to 180,000. That said, it felt much better than the PDK 4s I tested.
Old 05-30-2024, 06:36 AM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 157 Posts

I did see dealers in Illinois and Arizona with cars with fairly close builds. I guess I could consider those.

There was a 2023 GTS with 13k miles available, but it was over list price and every single option selected pushed the price to 180,000. That said, it felt much better than the PDK 4s I tested.
I have a manual S it's amazing. Good luck
Old 05-30-2024, 08:14 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 199 Posts

Porsches website is great for finding cars. Open your search up to nationwide and save the search.
Old 05-30-2024, 08:56 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 592 Posts

The chance of finding a 992.1 allocation now that you can spec is close to zero .Only chance of getting one is a person backs out or a dealer built a car for stock, both is a slim chance and a broker can help with that
992.2 is not released yet so no allocations
Old 05-30-2024, 08:58 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,192 Likes on 1,479 Posts

What you are going to find is that with the new release of 992.2 data, you are not going to get a deal anywhere on a manual trans S, and your choices will be limited and shrinking. The word is out now that 2025’s will all be pdk cars and due to emissions and the fact the electric motor is built inside the transmission there is a very little chance the S model will have a manual.im thinking Porsche may simply drop the S series altogether since the GTS is more popular. The lineup going forward may be Base, GTS, T and Turbo / Turbo S. Them the GT models. All speculation on my part, obviously.

That is going to make all existing three pedal cars more desirable and increase in price. Even more so as the word continues to grow travel on the news releases.every day that goes by is going to diminish the pool of available cars and increase the price of those remaining. My suggestion would be to grab what you can asap, and if in a year or so you find an allocation for a new one that suits you, you can easily sell any three pedal 992 for close to what you paid, maybe even more.

Porsche-World is a bit unusual in what enthusiasts want and how it all plays out, it’s not like buying a regular car any more. I am currently driving a 992 S with manual myself, and this 992.2 release cemented the fact I won’t ever let it out of my garage as long as I can still drive.

Last edited by drcollie; 05-30-2024 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 06:39 PM
Bryan Simmons
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

Thank you both.

The configuration tool doesn’t have the S in the update yet, but maybe I can call around to see

which dealer can get me a slot.
Harper in Knoxville TN has a brand new C2S manual in Guards red.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:58 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm new to the Porsche world and looking for a 992 C2S in the San Francisco Bay Area. Not like purchasing cars in the past...

I've called a few dealers and met with one as well, but it seems like a tedious process figuring out who has an allocation. Is there any centralized resource or better way than calling everyone in a given radius?

Also, I've been scoping out Rennlist, PCARMarket, Craigslist, Cargurus, PCA Mart for used options. Is there any site or browser extension that can aggregate and send alerts when something new popus up?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Few items to cover...
  1. 992.2 S details have not been released and no roll out date set.
  2. If it has any Hybrid components, it will probably have a PDK
  3. 992.1 allocations are probably out there somewhere, but .1 production is wrapping up and .2 production has already started.
  4. Let a broker do the running around looking for an allocation....not free, but worth the time spent.
  5. You may not find a new or CPO with your specs close to your location, so be prepared to expand your search nationwide and travel for an inspection.
  6. Ask dealers for builds that have not been deposit allocated...these are cars the dealer specs with the hope to sell when delivered. If you find one and are willing to secure the build (deposit) you may be able to change the specs to your wishes...even past the order freeze date.
I was also looking a few weeks ago an found this broker that found a few remaining allocations. I ultimately didn't use him, but he did what he said he was going to do....find dealers with allocations.
Ben-(813) 838-8758 / ben@bpmotorcars.com
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (05-30-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 09:08 PM
$mooth 0pr8r
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you both.

First of all, an excellent choice! As others have stated, there is presently no option for a 992.2/2025 manual transmission OR an "S" trim. I agree with previous posts stating your chance of getting an allocation for a built-to-spec 992.1(2024) is probably zero. Even when someone has an allocation, there is a "freeze date" after which no further changes can be made, and this is generally about a month+ before production. Since we are heading into the last month of production of the 992.1's (they generally start the next model year's production in July), I'd say pretty much ALL 992.1 final specs have been submitted by now.

If I were in your shoes, I'd focus most closely on the Porsche.com website's "new and used inventory" section. I just did this now by putting in "Oakland" and a 500-mile search radius for manual, RWD Carrera S, and got back 9 new/used examples. For a used Manual transmission, I'd heavily lean towards CPO because part of Porsche's checklist for certification includes zero overrevs, ever. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Finding an Allocation or Alerts for used market