Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the 992 font bumper be removed without a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 12:17 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Can the 992 font bumper be removed without a lift?

Is it possible to remove the front bumper on our cars without lifting or jacking the car up?

I am considering ordering a set of Rennline grill protectors, but I do not want to buy jacks or a lift just for this one-time job.

Has anyone successfully removed their bumper without lifting the car?

I plan on using this guide. (My car has the standard bumper, and the process should be similar to the bumper removal on the turbo),

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9OSHi6kbU

Last edited by PSPorsche; 05-18-2024 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2024, 06:15 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

PS. I just installed Zunnsport. I like the heavier gauge wire and also the install was about 10 minutes, no removing the bumper (which I didn't think you needed with Rennline either (IIRC).

Here is a pic of mine, I have done these on my 991 and 992's I have had. This is the first 992 sports design bumper I have had, so different than my standard 992 front on my last targa. I am super happy with these and again, super simple install.

Old 05-18-2024, 08:20 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
PS. I just installed Zunnsport. I like the heavier gauge wire and also the install was about 10 minutes, no removing the bumper (which I didn't think you needed with Rennline either (IIRC).

Here is a pic of mine, I have done these on my 991 and 992's I have had. This is the first 992 sports design bumper I have had, so different than my standard 992 front on my last targa. I am super happy with these and again, super simple install.
Thanks for the picture and description about the gauge of the Zunsport grills. I have the standard bumper, but I know Zunsport makes a product for this bumper style. I might end up going with Zunsport for the simplicity, and they do create a different appealing of look in the front.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:24 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Yes. The front bumper can be removed without a lift on the 996, 997 and 991. There are many YT videos to review including one by PCA. However, I do not recall watching a video of a 992 front bumper. Two suggestions while you are there anyway: 1. Clean the area between the sandwiched AC condensers and the engine radiators and 2. run a manual front latch pull via cable/wire to a front inner fender if one does not already exist. I use Zunsport which work great for me but the Rennline product looks good also…..…just more labor involved.

Last edited by Fullyield; 05-19-2024 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:37 PM
KM20Turbo
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
Is it possible to remove the front bumper on our cars without lifting or jacking the car up?

I am considering ordering a set of Rennline grill protectors, but I do not want to buy jacks or a lift just for this one-time job.

Has anyone successfully removed their bumper without lifting the car?

I plan on using this guide. (My car has the standard bumper, and the process should be similar to the bumper removal on the turbo),

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9OSHi6kbU
Keep us posted. I’ve been procrastinting on this for a year hoping an easier solution would come.
The following users liked this post:
PSPorsche (05-19-2024)

Quick Reply: Can the 992 font bumper be removed without a lift?