Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Carrera "T" with Sport-Tex ventilated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 01:16 AM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,159 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by sk911
I give...since you sound like you have great insight on the Porsche options, ordering and workings...
  • What material is the configurator referring to when showing Checkered Sport -Tex as an option?
  • Why does the Configurator allow the selection of Checkered Sport-Tex with ventilation and not Sport-Tex?
  • Are you saying that Porsche allows the selection and just installs the standard perforated leather when built?
I guess my original question should have been are the Checkered Sport-Tex and Sport-Tex being referenced in the options the same material.
If yes, then the configurator is in error, I would have had the answer to my venting question since I know the standard Sport-Tex cannot be vented.
- Where do you see checkered sport tex as an option? I see it as the standard seating, and then the optional leather package with checkered sport tex as the only option with checkered.

- Checkered sport tex is the base. It doesn't allow it to be configured with ventilation, but it can't remove the base configuration so they include the asterix instead. What you're thinking of as the option that they won't allow you to select with ventilation is the T package, which upgrades the sport tex to pinstripe. Same material though.

- Yes. That's why they include the astrix.

Last edited by Fishah; 05-12-2024 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:18 AM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
- Where do you see checkered sport tex as an option? I see it as the standard seating, and then the optional leather package with checkered sport tex as the only option with checkered.

- Checkered sport tex is the base. It doesn't allow it as an option, but it can't remove the base configuration, so they include the asterix. What you're thinking of as the option is the T package, which upgrades the sport tex to pinstripe. Same material though.

- Yes. That's why they include the astrix.
Got it...Thanks
Old 05-12-2024, 01:49 AM
melhechi
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Received my "T" allocation yesterday and placed my order today.
The salesman thought seat ventilation option could not be combined with Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers, but the configurator allowed the combination.
Anyone else have this issue or option?
There is an option of Sport-Tex with Leather seat. This will give you lots of Race-Tex on the lower Dash, center console, doors, however all seats will be leather. I am thinking of this option for my GTS, I live in Kuwait and ventilated seats are a must!
Old 05-12-2024, 08:51 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,641 Likes on 775 Posts

Great advice...Thanks!
I'm assume a SA with over 20 years at Porsche would be an expert...but maybe not.
Three thoughts:
  • Your above assumption is way off base. 20 years and still an SA but not a sales manager? My "assumption" would be not to take everything they say as gospel. As mentioned above, how many 992 Ts has your SA sold in those 20 years? How many of those Ts have had this question. My assumption is that this is the first time they have be asked this question. Have they (or anyone else in their dealership) delivered a T spec's as you suggest can be done? Not one person on Rennlist has received one or seen one.
  • The configurator is notoriously bad and inaccurate and has many, many flaws and inconsistencies. I would NEVER bet my spec based on what the configurator says or shows.
  • I probably just wasted 5 minutes of my life because it is pretty clear that you are going to believe what you want to believe regardless of the advice and information provided in response to your question. But please order the car this way so we can have a definitive answer while you take the risk. Although I doubt we will hear back from you if your results substantiate what everyone here is telling you.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 09:32 AM
MrOhnoez
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 38 Posts

Had to check because I remember us having a bizarre demo Taycan Turbo S with a cloth seat and ventilated which I thought was AWESOME!
It's the racetex surrounds with a textile seat center which is similar to sport tex.
That seat was great in the heat, and great in the cold.

But please listen to the others. The questions I test salespeople on and they can't answer would astound you.
Had one try to show a customer the engine on a 992 Targa GTS.
I've had sales people ask me what models come with run flat tires.
Which Panamera's have the spoiler.
Most don't know any better.
Old 05-12-2024, 10:48 AM
Corkdsp
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the ventilated seats on my 2023 911T it comes with perforated leather as only option when I ordered back in 2023
Old 05-12-2024, 12:40 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 271 Posts

$840

Ventilated Seats (Front)

Ventilated seat squabs and backrests (front) with three levels of adjustment.

Note: For the 911 Carrera T, deletion of Sport-Tex seat centers and embroidered "911" logo on headrests is required.
The following users liked this post:
defiant2 (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 01:48 PM
jhenson29
Burning Brakes

Received 1,103 Likes on 437 Posts

I think the ventilated sport tex is only available on the RWD Targa and even then, only if you option the 5-lug Centerlocks with a 7MTPDK.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:10 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Yeah...received a call this morning (Sunday?) from the Sales Manager....everyone's response on the board was correct.
As stated by many responders, the installed seats would be standard leather if ventilation was selected.
The SM stated that selecting ventilation and Checkered Sport-Tex is allowed by the configurator, but the combination cannot be built as ordered. The order will not error out or pause, but the build will continue with leather seats installed.
Good thing is he will now be handling my order and questions.

So now I need to decide between Checkered Sport-Tex and ventilated leather.
Thanks to everyone for their input and expertise.
The following 3 users liked this post by sk911:
adm63 (05-12-2024), Fishah (05-12-2024), melhechi (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 03:43 PM
melhechi
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah...received a call this morning (Sunday?) from the Sales Manager....everyone's response on the board was correct.
As stated by many responders, the installed seats would be standard leather if ventilation was selected.
The SM stated that selecting ventilation and Checkered Sport-Tex is allowed by the configurator, but the combination cannot be built as ordered. The order will not error out or pause, but the build will continue with leather seats installed.

Glad you got the news before you made the order, now you can make an informative decision. I have an S with ventilated leather seats and I love it, it makes the hot summer days in Kuwait way way cooler!

Old 05-12-2024, 03:55 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Where in Arizona are you? You're welcome to come check out the sporttex on my car if you want. It's pinstriped not checkered but same material. I love it and it's part of what makes the T special.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:12 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,942 Likes on 1,765 Posts

These are SporTex seats. The material is extremely breathable. A little more than RaceTex and a little less than Perlon, which is what is used in cup cars.
I've never tried ventilated seats on a 992 but I have them on my Infiniti QX80 (perforated leather seats) and MUCH prefer the breathable and grippy SporTex than the slippery, non-breathable but ventilated leather seats.

Old 05-12-2024, 04:23 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fishah
Where in Arizona are you? You're welcome to come check out the sporttex on my car if you want. It's pinstriped not checkered but same material. I love it and it's part of what makes the T special.
How does it hold up in our extreme heat?
I'm on the west side of Phoenix...

Thanks for all your input and advise.
The SA made it difficult to understand what could and could not be built.
The SM said exactly what you were saying all along.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:36 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

How does it hold up in our extreme heat?
I'm on the west side of Phoenix...

Thanks for all your input and advise.
The SA made it difficult to understand what could and could not be built.
The SM said exactly what you were saying all along.
I only took delivery in December so I can't speak to the extreme heat, but so far so good. @Wilder who posted above lives in Mexico though and has had his car for much longer so I'd trust his word on this. It's plenty hot there too.

No problem I just know how upset I'd be if the car showed up in a different way than I was expecting... So I'm glad you got it figured out.

I'm over in East Mesa.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:03 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,641 Likes on 775 Posts

I'm assume a SA with over 20 years at Porsche would be an expert"

Hmmm.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Carrera "T" with Sport-Tex ventilated seats?