Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Carrera "T" with Sport-Tex ventilated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 09:52 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

So here is the URL for the actual car showing the "Checkered Sport Tex" seats and ventilation from some of the earlier pictures...
Buy used Porsche 911 Carrera T at Porsche Ontario

And this is a portion of the actual window sticker from that car, clearly showing the options that some are saying are not possible and insinuating that my SA is trolling me...
This is not from the configurator or even in the order system...it's from the actual car currently on the Porsche finder site...
Old 05-11-2024, 09:54 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,219 Likes on 458 Posts

Yes because the standard seats are checkered sport tex. They can't remove that from the window sticker.

I'm done here. I've explained it several times. You are wrong. Your SA is wrong. You will be very sorry when your car is delivered.

Why did you even post here if you are unwilling to listen to the group? We are all saying you're wrong.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fishah:
defiant2 (05-11-2024), Icegrill (05-11-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 09:56 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MOGI
As mentioned above, the sport Tex fabric is breathable in and of itself. Just how cool are we trying to make the seat by adding ventilation?
We had 133 days of over 100 degrees in 2023, with 54 of those over 110....need to be as cool as possible!
Old 05-11-2024, 09:56 PM
thedak
AutoX

Received 42 Likes on 10 Posts

Last edited by thedak; 05-11-2024 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 860 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
Yes because the standard seats are checkered sport tex. They can't remove that from the window sticker.

I'm done here. I've explained it several times. You are wrong. Your SA is wrong. You will be very sorry when your car is delivered.

Why did you even post here if you are unwilling to listen to the group? We are all saying you're wrong.
Remember the ruby star that was declined because of the misunderstanding on adding ventilated seats. *ding….*ding… *ding….When it arrived perforated leather.
The following 2 users liked this post by Icegrill:
defiant2 (05-11-2024), thedak (05-11-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 10:25 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Icegrill
Remember the ruby star that was declined because of the misunderstanding on adding ventilated seats. *ding….*ding… *ding….When it arrived perforated leather.
Can you post the link to that post?
Old 05-11-2024, 10:32 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 806 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by sk911
So here is the URL for the actual car showing the "Checkered Sport Tex" seats and ventilation from some of the earlier pictures...
Buy used Porsche 911 Carrera T at Porsche Ontario

And this is a portion of the actual window sticker from that car, clearly showing the options that some are saying are not possible and insinuating that my SA is trolling me...
​​​​​​The car in that listing does NOT have sport tex seats. Those are leather seat centers. Enough already. Your SA may not be trolling you but is ignorant at best and misleading at worst. You can keep believing a SA who probably sells Macans/Cayennes 10-1 over a 911 let alone a 911 T or you can listen to the people who have actually been in them, ordered them, and own them.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (05-12-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 10:52 PM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 54 Posts

Actual sport Tex.

you keep posting pictures of perforated leather.

zoom in on the ones you posted and you’ll see the perforated leather holes… zoom in on his and you’ll see what looks like woven cloth.

It was difficult for me to choose as well, so if not trolling, I get it… especially since most SA’s don’t know squat about these cars.

if trolling, kudos to generating so much debate over nothing I guess!

best of luck on your decision.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:02 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by defiant2

Actual sport Tex.

you keep posting pictures of perforated leather.

zoom in on the ones you posted and you’ll see the perforated leather holes… zoom in on his and you’ll see what looks like woven cloth.

It was difficult for me to choose as well, so if not trolling, I get it… especially since most SA’s don’t know squat about these cars.

if trolling, kudos to generating so much debate over nothing I guess!

best of luck on your decision.
Headed back to the dealer Monday morning since my build locks on Thursday.
Thanks for the picture of the non-ventable "Sport-Tex".
The issue is that the dealer does not have samples of the "Checkered Sport -Tex material" and no one that has responded to my post has the checkered material in their vehicles.
I'm assuming that checkered and non-checkered are not the same since one allows ventilation in the configurator and the other does not.
I also assume that checkered with ventilation is not just perforated leather...but I will know Monday.

Last edited by sk911; 05-11-2024 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:04 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 806 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOhnoez
It deletes it, which is weird as the Sport tex on the Taycans CAN still have ventilated seats.
I might be mixing up sport-tex with race-tex as for the life of me I can never remember which is which.
Sport Tex is woven fabric. Race Tex is Porsche's version of Alcantara. Just remember that Alcantara was originally developed for race cars, hence Race Tex. I believe Taycans let you have ventilated Race Tex as perforated Alcantara is not uncommon.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:10 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

The issue is that the dealer does not have samples of the "Checkered Sport -Tex material" and no one that has responded to my post has the checkered material in their vehicles.
I'm assuming that checkered and non-checkered are not the same since one allows ventilation in the configurator and the other does not.
I also assume that checkered with ventilation is not just perforated leather...but I will know Monday.
You are assuming incorrectly, in both cases.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:13 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Talking

There are tons of pictures of checkered sport tex in the T thread. My car has the pinstriped sport tex so I can't post for you.

There are three options of seat centers in a T:

- Checkered Sport Tex (standard)
- Pinstrip Sport Tex (comes with th T package in either Standard or Leather)
- Leather seat centers. Only available with ventilation. Ventilated seats require the leather centers.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (05-12-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 11:28 PM
ozarkcay
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call or email a Porsche rep in at Porsche NA(Product Service Manager) in Atlanta. I did so back in 2016 when Sport Tex was a new thing and no body (dealers could not tell me anything about it.) They were very helpful.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:32 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fishah
You are assuming incorrectly, in both cases.
I give...since you sound like you have great insight on the Porsche options, ordering and workings...
  • What material is the configurator referring to when showing Checkered Sport -Tex as an option?
  • Why does the Configurator allow the selection of Checkered Sport-Tex with ventilation and not Sport-Tex?
  • Are you saying that Porsche allows the selection and just installs the standard perforated leather when built?
I guess my original question should have been are the Checkered Sport-Tex and Sport-Tex being referenced in the options the same material.
If yes, then the configurator is in error, I would have had the answer to my venting question since I know the standard Sport-Tex cannot be vented.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:32 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ozarkcay
Call or email a Porsche rep in at Porsche NA(Product Service Manager) in Atlanta. I did so back in 2016 when Sport Tex was a new thing and no body (dealers could not tell me anything about it.) They were very helpful.
Great advice...Thanks!
I'm assume a SA with over 20 years at Porsche would be an expert...but maybe not.

Last edited by sk911; 05-11-2024 at 11:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Carrera "T" with Sport-Tex ventilated seats?