Sponsored by:

Taking apart 992 steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 09:21 AM
tna3
Instructor

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Taking apart 992 steering wheel

Has anyone come across a video that shows how to take apart the steering wheel on a 992? My search has come up blank. Long story short, I found a barely used GT steering wheel from a Taycan cheap which fits 992 except I want to swap out the left control module because the Taycan has a battery symbol. Do I need to take off all the trim to get to it? TIA!

Old 05-10-2024, 09:32 AM
CornerOffice
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

See if this one helps

Old 05-10-2024, 01:42 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 371 Posts

Yes, you have to remove all the trim to swap out - I would swap out all the electronics as they are most likely different. The black back trim is held on with a few screws, and once the screws are removed, you can carefully pry off the rear trim w/ a plastic tool. Once the rear trim is removed, there are a few screws on the front trim that screw through the metal bridge supports on the wheel - remove these screws, and then you can snap off the front trim. You will need to remove the horn ring in order to replace the control unit - it snaps in. Be careful to plug all the small micro plugs into the appropriate plugs. be advised that harnesses are almost certainly different as well, so you will want to transfer all the switches, the control unit, and the harness to the new wheel.

Quick Reply: Taking apart 992 steering wheel