992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have sales numbers on PDK vs Manual on T

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024 | 07:57 PM
anjizkit
Instructor

if it helps, same 10% or less are manuals in the DFW area also. (as per my SA) most 911s here are speced for resale, so conservative colors (silver/black/grey) and leather, good sound system and PDK. yes manuals are hard to sell also.
Old 05-09-2024 | 08:07 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

She should get the PDK...is it worth being uncomfortable driving a$150K+ car to get a few thousand extra on resale. The difference in resale is only pronounced in the GT cars, and in cars with Tiptronic (ie. before PDK came out).
Old 05-09-2024 | 08:13 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jlegelis
Went from MT to PDK after 40 years of MT only, absolutely love it - it does many things an MT never could. For me, using it as a semi-regular daily driver, PDK is 'better' 99% of the time. OTOH if mine were a 3rd/4th/5th car that I took out for occasional canyon carving or track use then perhaps I'd option the MT for 'sentimental' reasons. And I don't find PDK 'less involving' for a moment... I can assure you that when I'm in Sport Plus mode and it's banging off lightning fast shifts at redline it's plenty 'involving'. My kids both have MT Mini's and they now feel 'antiquated'.. I keep grabbing for the phantom paddles when I drive them.

Bottom line: we are blessed to have two amazing gearboxes available, there's no right or wrong choice for your friend.
Just the opposite for me. Pdk to a manual and the manual is much more “involving” to me. Bored by the pdk. To each their own. Tell your friend to do her, who cares what random people online think.
The following users liked this post:
Tedster (05-14-2024)
Old 05-09-2024 | 08:30 PM
Crusje
Racer

Originally Posted by Risley
Hey all,

A great female friend of mine is considering ordering a T. She’s torn between PDK and manual but leaning towards the PDK as she does have some hand pains at times.

Curious if anyone here has Porsche sales numbers on broken down by type of transmission.

I ask because we’re curious about resale and which transmission has a broader market appeal.

For the record, I just ordered the T in a 7 speed as some of you know.

Many thanks
Zoomers don't even want to drive let alone drive a manual. More people will want pdks down the line. More people want them now as well.
Old 05-10-2024 | 04:22 AM
ManOfTheHouse
Track Day

Originally Posted by Shogunade
This post makes it seem as though you’ve never played sports competitively beyond elementary school nor pushed and pulled enough weight enough times to a point where sh*t happens.

The body wears down. Even the slightest of movements can cause pain after a certain inflection point.

Some people can even tell you when its about to rain from the pain they feel even without any physical movement.
after multiple cancer surgeries, I am handicapped with a bar left arm. Hence I opted for a 911 GTS with PDK. Amazing transmission and sport plus mode is unbelievable.

fortunately I still have my 1988 turbo S to take out whenever the urge hits t row the gears.
Old 05-10-2024 | 08:28 AM
tna3
Racer

For those of you with knee pain, I strongly suggest seeing a physical therapist to start. I’m not advocating a transmission here but I’m just so surprised how many people put up with that. Modern day medicine can help you get back and being fully active let alone pushing a pedal. There is everything from ultrasound with heat to the other spectrum, knee replacement which heals much faster these days. Why drive a Porsche only to live life in pain???
The following users liked this post:
Mike818 (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024 | 09:21 AM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
Seriously? Knee pain from depressing a clutch pedal?
I’ve been driving manual for many years, as a daily.

The knee pain doesn’t arise from only the repetitive motion of operating a clutch, but from the culmination of all activities in life that stress the same body parts repeatedly.

When you do begin to experience pain (and we all will at some point in our lives), it is wise to reduce those stresses to inhibit the situation from getting worse.
Old 05-10-2024 | 12:28 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shogunade
This post makes it seem as though you’ve never played sports competitively beyond elementary school nor pushed and pulled enough weight enough times to a point where sh*t happens.

The body wears down. Even the slightest of movements can cause pain after a certain inflection point.

Some people can even tell you when its about to rain from the pain they feel even without any physical movement.
Ha! In 65. I swim 1.5 miles 3 days a week, I do high impact interval training twice a week. I still swim a mile in 27 minutes flat. After my mile, i do intervals including butterfly. Ive been working out regularly since i was 14. I hike. I'm currently in England about to embark on a 12 day trek where we will be doing 10-12 miles per day (with a 20 lb pack). One woman in our group is 81! I'm an avid dirtbiker. I typically get out twice/week. I'll be riding the 6 Days of Michigan this year. Dirtbiking is incredibly tough and grueling. I was a pole vaulter in HS and college. My wife and i are avid scuba divers and take 2-3 dive trips per year. Ive dived 5 times a day for 14 dsys straight. Been on 50 dedicated dive trips and currently have 5 more booked (3 to Indonesia, 1 to Fiji, and 1 to Malpelo.) I mulch my own gardens. Typically 25 yards/year with a shovel and wheel barrow. I push hard pretty much 6 dsys a week. My father is 92. He walks 2 miles/day, plays pickleball twice a week, and golf's 9 holes twice a week(walks). My body fat is 9.5%. Higher than HS, but I weigh 5 lbs less than HS. I was a skydiver for about 5 years. I snowboarded for 25 years but stopped because it doesn't snow in PA anymore. I can still water-ski barefoot and backwards.

I have a pretty good collection of scars that I'm proud of. The day I wake up without pain, I'll know I died.

If you prefer an automatic, fine. Drive what you want. And i honestly have genuine sympathy for anyone with mobility issues. But to say that operating a clutch and a shifter is too strenuous, is a pretty lame (pun!) excuse.

The following 2 users liked this post by Denny Swift:
Mike818 (05-10-2024), Tedster (05-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Does anyone have sales numbers on PDK vs Manual on T