Sponsored by:

New Carrera 2S build. getting nervous

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 08:38 AM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Rattle issue is with all tanks, regular and extended. It is a design issue. Some have it. Some don’t. Hit or miss. At $230, the extended tank is the best value of any option available on the configurator next to the smoking and storage packages which are free.

Yet just because it is “free” does not necessarily mean it is ideal for some.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:40 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 436 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboJake
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR3CQ7S0

here’s my build that locks end of June. Happy to answer any questions. But most can be answered with the following. I wanted a murdered out race car that could daily most of the time. All performance, most engagement, some cosmetic.

figure out your cars “vibe” and spec accordingly. There are rarely any wrong answers
Your build is sick....I absolutely love it!!!
Old 05-09-2024, 06:13 PM
Cruzanb
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Metalblond
You don't need FAL. I have had 2 922's (both with Sport PASM) and a Cayman--and never needed it. As for the Spyders, I just ordered them again for my new car--I've had them on both my 911's and I love the look of them--especially on Gentian Blue. Just ceramic coat them and they will be fine (and forgiving). I don't find them too hard to clean at all. Rear axle steering is awesome--especially on a manual transmission. I'd forgo the extended tank as well. If you want nice add-ons go with the roof lining in race-tex and maybe a carbon fiber package. Congratulations!!!
I have FAL here in S. FL and there is only one spot where I would use it and I go there infrequently. I would agree about the rear-axle steering on a MT. It's great!
Old 05-12-2024, 06:33 PM
Trilander
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you everyone that has added input. One thing I am learning real quick is how cool and passionate all the Porsche heads are. Our local PCA has apparently been reinvigorated since Covid and is huge for the size region we live in. Everyone I have met locally and online is so cool with little to no ego's! What is a majority of 992 owners goto lightweight forged rims? From which company.

Also the chalk looks amazing in areokit right with the blue so I am debating on a color swap. I do love the classic wheels and how much easier they will be to clean. I have heard mixed on the rear wheel steering and more than likely will skip it. Prob gonna do the race tex head liner but keep it simple. Cant wait!!!
Old 05-12-2024, 06:49 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,296 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
Yet just because it is “free” does not necessarily mean it is ideal for some.
Ha ha ha. I don’t smoke and don’t need storage. But If you do not like the smoking or storage package ……just throw away the extra stuff they give you for free and you are the same place you started before you elected the free options???? That means there is no downside to them.

Last edited by Fullyield; 05-12-2024 at 06:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TUD (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 07:55 PM
jstap808
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Trilander
Thank you everyone that has added input. One thing I am learning real quick is how cool and passionate all the Porsche heads are. Our local PCA has apparently been reinvigorated since Covid and is huge for the size region we live in. Everyone I have met locally and online is so cool with little to no ego's! What is a majority of 992 owners goto lightweight forged rims? From which company.

Also the chalk looks amazing in areokit right with the blue so I am debating on a color swap. I do love the classic wheels and how much easier they will be to clean. I have heard mixed on the rear wheel steering and more than likely will skip it. Prob gonna do the race tex head liner but keep it simple. Cant wait!!!
Check out 911 Alloys for forged versions of the RS SPYDERS some folks here have them and say they are great.

Chalk does look good with aerokit, as do lighter colors. Darker colors tend to hide it and there's less of a need for it imo.

Rear wheel steering is only needed for tracking, all those say it's so good for on off ramps must love driving on highways all day. Other than that it isn't needed for everyday driving.

Racetex can get sloppy and look greasy if you touch it often, not that you are massaging your headliner often haha. Just something to think about.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:50 AM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
My interior is black with chalk stitching (standard leather option), with the addition of deviated seat centers in chalk.

@3rdpedal Just out of curiosity how long have you had this interior color combo? Do you have any complaints? Is there anything you would now change? TIA
Old 05-15-2024, 09:05 PM
Trilander
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thats a sick looking build!

Quick Reply: New Carrera 2S build. getting nervous