Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light tapping from behind pedals

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024 | 04:56 PM
oziumjinxgts
AutoX

Default Light tapping from behind pedals

I've recently noticed in my MT C4GTS that during the last inch or so of releasing the clutch there is a subtle tapping feeling behind both the brake and throttle. It's as if someone is tapping the underside of each pedal with a couple of fingers. No noticeable change/degradation to the performance or handling of the car. I've tried this shifting up/down in gears as well as in neutral (while the car is on) and simply pressing/releasing the clutch and this tapping feeling is present in all these scenarios.

The tapping feeling is not there when the car is off and I press/release the clutch.

I've changed into a few different shoes to ensure its not my shoe tread catching on the pedal. Everything feels secure on each pedal and nothing noticeable underneath any pedal when inspecting. Any ideas what is causing this?
Old 05-02-2024 | 07:46 AM
rdv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by oziumjinxgts
I've recently noticed in my MT C4GTS that during the last inch or so of releasing the clutch there is a subtle tapping feeling behind both the brake and throttle. It's as if someone is tapping the underside of each pedal with a couple of fingers. No noticeable change/degradation to the performance or handling of the car. I've tried this shifting up/down in gears as well as in neutral (while the car is on) and simply pressing/releasing the clutch and this tapping feeling is present in all these scenarios.

The tapping feeling is not there when the car is off and I press/release the clutch.

I've changed into a few different shoes to ensure it’s not my shoe tread catching on the pedal. Everything feels secure on each pedal and nothing noticeable underneath any pedal when inspecting. Any ideas what is causing this?
Hmmm, pedal gnomes perhaps?

Quick Reply: Light tapping from behind pedals