Sponsored by:

Alarm doesn't always set when locking

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 07:10 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Alarm doesn't always set when locking

Has anyone else had this issue. When locking the car by touching the door handle, I sometimes get multiple flashing lights and the alarm light does not come on. I open and close both doors, which usually helps but not always. I can't find an explanation in the 911 manual. Thoughts?
Old 04-17-2024, 08:16 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,280 Posts

I removed the anti-theft horn entirely from my C2S. It sits harmlessly in a box somewhere. If I can still find it, when it's time to sell the car, I'll try and pass it along. So clearly I am of no help what-so-ever to the OP. But does my dislike of random horns going off in a Costco or WalMart Parking Lot show?

Last edited by Bluehighways; 04-17-2024 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:34 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrichards
Has anyone else had this issue. When locking the car by touching the door handle, I sometimes get multiple flashing lights and the alarm light does not come on. I open and close both doors, which usually helps but not always. I can't find an explanation in the 911 manual. Thoughts?
I don't think this is normal. I wonder if your alarm system is faulty or if it is detecting some fault or something in the car. The number of flashing lights and whether the car actually locks vs. unlocks will match to what the manual says. For example on page 61 of the 2020 manual:
Alarm system function display
The lock status is indicated by the light indicators in the doors flashing at different frequencies.

Alarm system is activated
The light indicators flash rapidly when the vehicle is being locked, then flash in normal mode.

The alarm system is activated and the passenger compartment monitoring system and inclination sensor are deactivated
The light indicators flash rapidly when the vehicle is being locked, go out for 28 seconds and then flash in normal mode.

Faults in the central locking system and alarm system
During locking of the vehicle, the light indicators flash rapidly, light up continuously for 28 seconds and then flash in normal mode.

Quick Reply: Alarm doesn't always set when locking