Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exclusive Option Leather Modifications - Deviated Door Panels and More

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024 | 08:59 PM
MXNSITH
Rennlist Member

Default Exclusive Option Leather Modifications - Deviated Door Panels and More

I live close enough that I drove up and had a few leather modifications completed by Frank's team at Exclusive Option. I know these may not be for everyone, but sharing nonetheless as I know some will have interest. I also know I likely will never return the cost but I don't really care. My car, my money, my joy - it's a toy.

I went in to have the center console piano black covered in leather and had a few other ideas. Frank had samples I was able to leverage as reference and then the ideas flowed from there. I can't speak to the pricing of individual options due to the volume of work that I did and also because though it may seem a la carte, as certain areas are worked one, the pricing is bundled, presumably due the labor savings.

The original spec was black leather with extended deviated chalk stitching, deviated chalk centers and the 930 package. I carried that general monochromatic theme throughout.

All Piano black covered on the center console with the trim and coin pocket also covered in leather. I covered the seat buttons and A/C controls in mate PPF and asked Frank to keep them that way.

I wanted some chalk accents on the center console so I had Frank cover the 911 emblem with chalk leather. All the switch cavities are also covered in leather and the deviated stitching around the sunroof switches was apparently a first.

To carry the chalk theme, we added a few chalk accents on the shifter, which also removes the plastic look. I may have the top of the shifter covered in embossed black leather at a later time. Additionally you can see the vent surrounds and upper switch console are wrapped in leather with a deviated stitch.

A wider view of the center console, A/C vent and switches.

Passenger door deviated center. The 930 stitch looks and feels factory. The speaker surrounds are in leather as well and the door pockets are in RaceTex. The centers look very bright in this pic but that is due to the lighting as chalk has a grey tone to it.

Frank's team also added the extended leather package to the door which includes the handles and lower section. The little triangle by the mirror is covered in leather and has no visible seams. I didn't like the vertical stitch on that triangle as it didn't have a continuing line anywhere on the panel and struck me as odd. The base trim never bothered me before but after living in this for a week, I feel like it needs a change. Maybe all black leather, we will see. Open to suggestions.

The small gap between the front and rear didn't have any deviated stitching from the factory. That always seemed odd to me so I had Frank carry that all the way to the rear.

Mirror console covered in RaceTex to match my headliner that I spec'd RaceTex from the factory. I was hesitant on the deviated stitch but it looks amazing in person. Frank had a sample with a black blended stitch and it did not look right to me.

Trim piece above the mirror also in RaceTex and carries the deviated stitch all the way around for a continuous look.

RaceTex covered visor without the stickers.

Frank includes leather on and around the mirror cover.

Deviated cross stitch on the back of the visor. Factory is a black blended stitch.

Finally the steering wheel with the 12 o'clock mark in chalk, the mode control switch in chalk, and airbag with deviated stitching.

There is more the team did and probably more I will do later, but all in all I will say that Frank's team is pretty amazing and if you can think it up, his team can probably do it. Frank is very meticulous and his quality control is impeccable. I can't thank him and his team enough for their work. It is not cheap, but it truly is special and the quality is amazing. Thank you @EXCLUSIVE OPTION !

Last edited by MXNSITH; 03-30-2024 at 08:05 PM.
The following 12 users liked this post by MXNSITH:
Dezeinstein (03-30-2024), Earle (03-29-2024), f4bones (03-29-2024), Jeff Whitten (03-29-2024), Mondo1 (03-31-2024), Mr.Bourne (03-29-2024), RatherJaded (05-13-2024), RolandT (03-30-2024), SamD (03-30-2024), Schwarz992C4S (04-01-2024), stonekutter (03-29-2024), Tedster (04-03-2024) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-29-2024 | 09:11 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Absolutely amazing - congratulations - it's beautiful.
Old 03-29-2024 | 10:46 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

I agree this is amazing! Thank you for the detailed photos.

What Factory leather options did you start with?

I went with the factory Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior but it does not go to this level. As I live close to Exclusive Option Leather it would be convenient to use them. I was thinking of doing some of the same upgrades you did, I am going to see how mine turns out when I receive it in May. I did order the mat film to cover the piano black center console. To me it just seams like it was overlooked when they designed the leather package.

How long did these modifications take? I am sure this was expensive, it looks it!

Did they use 'stock' components parts to replace your factory parts or were the additions/changes made to your parts?
Old 03-29-2024 | 10:53 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

I’ve heard and seen nothing but applause for E.O. and Frank. Their work looks factory.

Old 03-29-2024 | 11:05 PM
MXNSITH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Earle
What Factory leather options did you start with?
Black Leather with extended chalk stitching, deviated seat centers in chalk and the 930 package. I also had the headliner and visors in RaceTex. In hindsight I should have forgone the visors from the factory as I basically paid twice for it. But the RaceTex he uses is a direct match.

How long did these modifications take?
3 weeks with drop offs and pickups being on Saturdays. As I said on my post, there is a bit more I did beyond these pics.

Did they use 'stock' components parts to replace your factory parts or were the additions/changes made to your parts?
The ‘core’ of everything are my stock parts. His team removed them and finished them as you see. If you don’t live close enough, Frank will ship you the finished parts and you ship back the cores. Otherwise he charges for the core if you want to keep the original parts.

on the steering wheel he will make it thicker if you want. I chose not to as I like the feel as is.
​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Earle (03-30-2024)
Old 03-29-2024 | 11:35 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

I see you left your A and B pillars in Alcantara - I'm debating that vs. leather. I strongly prefer the headliner in Alcantara vs. leather, but not sure about the pillars . . . I can definitely see the logic in leaving them Alcantara to match the head liner . . . what was your thought process in this decision? I'm doing custom seats (both 18 ways and LWCBs) and full interior w/ Frank - haven't started the project yet, but getting close. Just a few decisions to nail down.
Old 03-29-2024 | 11:55 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Looks great
Old 03-30-2024 | 12:05 AM
MXNSITH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f4bones
I see you left your A and B pillars in Alcantara - I'm debating that vs. leather. I strongly prefer the headliner in Alcantara vs. leather, but not sure about the pillars . . . I can definitely see the logic in leaving them Alcantara to match the head liner . . . what was your thought process in this decision? I'm doing custom seats (both 18 ways and LWCBs) and full interior w/ Frank - haven't started the project yet, but getting close. Just a few decisions to nail down.
I thing the RaceTex is softer looking than leather so considering the A pillars, having leather was never a consideration. I think the smooth leather and potential light reflection would bother me. I also am OCD and the angle that the A pillar ends and the headliner begins would be too sharp of a transition to me. Maybe if the A pillar ended at the angle of the roofline it could work better for me. And the A and B pillars need to match in my mind so that also keeps the B pillars in RaceTex too.

Regarding the LWCBs, Frank has some pretty sweet options for the centers of those.

All in all I’d love to see what you decide!
Old 03-30-2024 | 12:49 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Thanks - I'm pretty sure I agree with you on the pillars in Alcantara. . . I'm leaning towards a two-tone Tarpan brown / black or truffle brown / black interior, with leather black perforated seat centers, or possibly some kind of black fabric centers on both the LWCBs and the 18 ways. . . .black with silver stitching and embossed leather trim on the dash and door panels - IE the Touring embossing. I will retain the gloss carbon fiber trim though, although looking at your project made me question that decision!! I have DB carbon doing a set of custom seat backs and bottoms in gloss carbon for the 992 18 ways - looking to make them look similar to the LWCBs - brown leather surrounds, black centers, carbon trim.

Last edited by f4bones; 03-30-2024 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-30-2024 | 12:53 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Some inspiration from this thread . . . beautiful interior. . .

​​​​​​https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1405...l#post19359582
Old 03-30-2024 | 12:58 AM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Thank you for the details. I really appreciate this info. I live closer than Monterey, so the drop-off info is good.
I might have made the mistake of getting the leather sun visors vs the RaceTex visors. I am now thinking they might clash or look funny against the RaceTex headliner. Maybe?Oh well I did the best I could at the time. I will have a better understanding of the look once I take delivery. It may just be extra $$ to get it just 'right'.

Every time I look at your center console I am impressed. This is how it should be from the factory, excellent job!
MXNSITH (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024 | 01:09 AM
kilyung
Instructor

Wow. Looks luxurious! All you need now is a starlight headliner. 😆
Old 03-30-2024 | 01:42 AM
MXNSITH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f4bones
Thanks - I'm pretty sure I agree with you on the pillars in Alcantara. . . I'm leaning towards a two-tone Tarpan brown / black or truffle brown / black interior, with leather black perforated seat centers, or possibly some kind of black fabric centers on both the LWCBs and the 18 ways. . . .black with silver stitching and embossed leather trim on the dash and door panels - IE the Touring embossing. I will retain the gloss carbon fiber trim though, although looking at your project made me question that decision!! I have DB carbon doing a set of custom seat backs and bottoms in gloss carbon for the 992 18 ways - looking to make them look similar to the LWCBs - brown leather surrounds, black centers, carbon trim.
What color is the exterior?

I’m a huge fan of dark rich brown interiors. I was just looking at the post you referenced as inspiration.

Have you considered pepita for the seat centers? Closer to the heritage design but with a darker brown. Heritage design is amazing but maybe a bit too orange for my taste.

Old 03-30-2024 | 01:48 AM
MXNSITH
Rennlist Member

I am now thinking they might clash or look funny against the RaceTex headliner. Maybe?Oh well I did the best I could at the time. I will have a better understanding of the look once I take delivery. It may just be extra $$ to get it just 'right'.
Take a look at my photo with the mirror cover on the visor. The mirror flap is in leather and will give you a good idea of what the difference between the materials is.
Earle (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024 | 02:03 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Yeah - I like the Pepita, but a bit too much contrast for me, and maybe a bit too retro. This is an interesting project - I bought a crashed 992 GT3 w/ 1,500 miles on it - the engine is on it's way to Rick Deman for a 4.5L conversion, and I have a complete new body on order from Porsche which I will paint in my shop. Thus, I'm doing my own PTS Porsche with uber-special wishes leather as I can't order one! I have a 992 Touring in GT Silver, which I love - I'm leaning towards a shade similar to Grigio Titanio (a ferrari color) or some PTS color that is close to that color. It will be configured as a Touring (non-wing), but with a wing ducktail, or possibly a Moshhammer duck. I thought about fitting with S/T doors and front fenders, but that would add at last $40,000 to the project, which killed that idea. I'm really looking forward to getting Frank started on all the interior bits and seats!
MXNSITH (03-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Exclusive Option Leather Modifications - Deviated Door Panels and More