Sponsored by:

PCM unable to connect to account login "QR code not available"

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 05:53 PM
mthreat
Pro

Received 357 Likes on 188 Posts
Default PCM unable to connect to account login "QR code not available"

Anyone else getting this? "No data connection can be established right now." I've noticed my iOS MyPorsche app hasn't updated its mileage, etc in a few weeks too.

Old 03-29-2024, 08:10 PM
MrOhnoez
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah your car isn't communicating.
Make sure privacy mode is turned off (inactive) in the settings.
I've also parked cars outside for like 30 min with the engine running to try and re-establish communication.
Used to happen to cars coming right off the trucks and we'd rush to PDI them

Last edited by MrOhnoez; 03-29-2024 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:09 AM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by mthreat
Anyone else getting this? "No data connection can be established right now." I've noticed my iOS MyPorsche app hasn't updated its mileage, etc in a few weeks too.
How long have you had your 992 and did your free Verizon/AT&T SIM plan expire? Your car's cellular connectivity is free for some initial period, but eventually you have to pay to keep it. My MY20 992 has an AT&T SIM so I use https://myvehicle.att.com/ to manage my paid connectivity plan. I believe newer 992 use Verizon SIMs.

For the MyPorsche app, after some time (one year?) you also have to pay for one of the Porsche Connect services at https://my.porsche.com to continue using its features. Many people don't and you can read the other posts here debating whether it is worth it.

Finally, check that your vehicle is linked to your Porsche ID account and activated. You can find the Pairing Code in the app or the website. I've had to reconnect my car a couple of times, perhaps after service, after noticing that it wasn''t receiving nav addresses anymore when sent via the MyPorsche app. I set my startup user to automatically activate my Porsche ID.

Old 03-30-2024, 08:36 PM
mthreat
Pro

Originally Posted by mikey94025
How long have you had your 992 and did your free Verizon/AT&T SIM plan expire? Your car's cellular connectivity is free for some initial period, but eventually you have to pay to keep it. My MY20 992 has an AT&T SIM so I use https://myvehicle.att.com/ to manage my paid connectivity plan. I believe newer 992 use Verizon SIMs.

For the MyPorsche app, after some time (one year?) you also have to pay for one of the Porsche Connect services at https://my.porsche.com to continue using its features. Many people don't and you can read the other posts here debating whether it is worth it.

Finally, check that your vehicle is linked to your Porsche ID account and activated. You can find the Pairing Code in the app or the website. I've had to reconnect my car a couple of times, perhaps after service, after noticing that it wasn''t receiving nav addresses anymore when sent via the MyPorsche app. I set my startup user to automatically activate my Porsche ID.
It was delivered to the dealer May 2023 (but officially delivered to me in June), so it's still less than a year. I thought the free services were for 3 years (I could be wrong).

Here's some more info: In the PCM menus, I verified that it has a data connection with 3 bars signal to Verizon. However, the PCM screen is not showing "LTE" at the top right like I think it used to. My PCM is logged in to my account, CarPlay and everything works, but it just can't actually connect to LTE I guess.

I called Porsche's 800 number and the tech had me check some stuff, and eventually said I would have to bring it in to the dealer to have the cellular communications module reset. He emailed me the following that I can show to the dealer so they know what to do:

Old 03-31-2024, 01:59 AM
CZS
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 103 Posts

@mthreat , have you tried resetting the PCM via the two-finger reset described here, https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1296...l#post18217270 ? May not resolve your issue, but I've had it fix similar connection issues for me and it certainly won't hurt anything.
The following users liked this post:
mthreat (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 02:39 AM
mthreat
Pro

Originally Posted by CZS
@mthreat , have you tried resetting the PCM via the two-finger reset described here, https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1296...l#post18217270 ? May not resolve your issue, but I've had it fix similar connection issues for me and it certainly won't hurt anything.
Yep I tried that.. reset normally but didn't fix the issue.
The following users liked this post:
CZS (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 02:57 AM
CZS
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mthreat
Yep I tried that.. reset normally but didn't fix the issue.
Gotcha. I guess it was worth a shot. Hopefully the dealer gets you fixed up.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:35 PM
mthreat
Pro

Update: Brought it to the dealer today, they did whatever they had to do, and I had the car back in a few hours. The service guy did mention something interesting - he said anytime they reset a module like this, there's a very small chance that it can be "bricked", and in that case, they'll have to replace the module (under warranty). He just wanted to give me that warning in case I absolutely needed the car back. But in the end, it all went fine. LTE working again.

They also checked my front & rear windshield as part of the recent unrelated service bulletin.

Quick Reply: PCM unable to connect to account login "QR code not available"