Sponsored by:

2022, 2023 C2S sim slot and LTE

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 02:03 PM
nyet
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STEFAN12
In 2022 and 2023, the inclusion of C2S SIM slots and LTE technology marks a significant leap in xfinity cable tv and internet packages connectivity for devices. This advancement ensures seamless communication and faster data transfer rates, enhancing user experience. With C2S SIM slots, users can conveniently switch between different SIM cards, catering to varying network needs. Meanwhile, LTE technology empowers devices with high-speed internet access, enabling smooth browsing, streaming, and communication on the go. Overall, these features represent a step forward in the evolution of mobile technology.
Odd, since they were REMOVED in the latest PCM.
Old 04-04-2024, 02:33 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 934 Likes on 522 Posts

Well isn't that because it now has eSIM? The thing is, it has eSIM but is still carrier locked (USA). I imagine then that the eSIM isn't really designed for the customer's flexibility, its designed for Porsche's flexibility to soft program the PCM for each of the world markets. All the auto manufacturers do this as it gives them revenue from an exclusive data plan partner, still I wonder what the take rate is on data plan subscriptions from customers.

I don't know anything about these "coder" devices that people use to flash options in their cars, I wonder if the eSIM is exposed in those?
Old 04-04-2024, 02:41 PM
nyet
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I suspect that the PCM engineers thought having a flexible SIM/eSIM architecture was a great idea, and added it, and gave marketing a blurb to publish. Then sales/product saw a revenue stream that relied on lockin. Typical.

Quick Reply: 2022, 2023 C2S sim slot and LTE