Sponsored by:

Any allocations yet this month?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 09:28 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Simmons
since you can’t get vented seats with heritage package…order premium package, spend $1K less and still done have to worry about less comfy seats.
Have you been able to verify that they are less comfortable? I'm normally a Princess and the Pea when it comes to seats and I don't find the ventilated versions to be uncomfortable due to padding. I'm just worried that we as a forum are perpetuating an observation from Nick Murray that is not based on reality. Much like his assertion that a base Carrera will try to kill you if you try to make a right turn in it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nein Eleven:
Fullyield (04-12-2024), PSPorsche (04-12-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by Nein Eleven
Have you been able to verify that they are less comfortable? I'm normally a Princess and the Pea when it comes to seats and I don't find the ventilated versions to be uncomfortable due to padding. I'm just worried that we as a forum are perpetuating an observation from Nick Murray that is not based on reality. Much like his assertion that a base Carrera will try to kill you if you try to make a right turn in it.
+1. I have owned multiple Porsches with heated, ventilated, 4 ways, 14 ways, 18 ways, etc. The difference in the seats is simply the cost and the weight penalty caused by the extra padding. Again,……you get what you pay for with Porsche! You want more padding and willing to accept the additional weight, you can buy it. I think many who complain about seats and padding are just not educated buyers. For example, the bucket seats have very low weight and are costly but only good for about a one hour track session and hell to get in and out. Drive NY to LA in 3 days in 4 way seats and you will appreciate the various Porsche seat options in the configurator. Heated and ventilated seats in 18 ways are great. You get what you pay for.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:50 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
+1. I have owned multiple Porsches with heated, ventilated, 4 ways, 14 ways, 18 ways, etc. The difference in the seats is simply the cost and the weight penalty caused by the extra padding. Again,……you get what you pay for with Porsche! You want more padding and willing to accept the additional weight, you can buy it. I think many who complain about seats and padding are just not educated buyers. For example, the bucket seats have very low weight and are costly but only good for about a one hour track session and hell to get in and out. Drive NY to LA in 3 days in 4 way seats and you will appreciate the various Porsche seat options in the configurator. Heated and ventilated seats in 18 ways are great. You get what you pay for.

Apologies in advance, but I must disagree. There are multiple Porsche owners that find the 18 ways uncomfortable, but the 4 ways extremely comfortable, myself included. One’s build/frame, age, and body weight play a rather significant role in that.

One is simply not adding just weight via padding, you are also adding weight via motors and wiring harnesses as well. That is beside the point though.
The following 2 users liked this post by RatherJaded:
maschinetheist (04-27-2024), NEH51 (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 11:21 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

Is there a stop sale on Ruby star right now?
Old 04-13-2024, 06:09 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
Apologies in advance, but I must disagree. There are multiple Porsche owners that find the 18 ways uncomfortable, but the 4 ways extremely comfortable, myself included. One’s build/frame, age, and body weight play a rather significant role in that.

One is simply not adding just weight via padding, you are also adding weight via motors and wiring harnesses as well. That is beside the point though.
Agree with you that body type, disability and age, frankly, are additional factors to consider during seat selection. But, you are making my point for me. You have 4 ways yet complain of lack of padding……yet, less material (and weight) comes with 4 ways and you pay less for them……less padding and less weight than 14 ways and 18 ways. If you want upgraded seats, then pay for upgraded seats. Earlier post you are complaining of lack of padding and now this post the 4 ways are “extremely comfortable “. Which is it?
Old 04-13-2024, 01:16 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Is there a stop sale on Ruby star right now?
Ruby Star is going NLA sometime soon or it already has. There are a couple threads on here about it.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:12 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Agree with you that body type, disability and age, frankly, are additional factors to consider during seat selection. But, you are making my point for me. You have 4 ways yet complain of lack of padding……yet, less material (and weight) comes with 4 ways and you pay less for them……less padding and less weight than 14 ways and 18 ways. If you want upgraded seats, then pay for upgraded seats. Earlier post you are complaining of lack of padding and now this post the 4 ways are “extremely comfortable “. Which is it?

Interesting as I do not ever recall having complained about the “lack of padding in 4 ways.” At 5’11”and only 12% body fat, the only issue that I have with padding is that of my own, yet solely by choice.

I am stating a simple fact and I am highly confident that when adding ventilated seats that the seat padding is reduced as this is the case at BMW via their optional multi-contour seats as well as at other manufactures. One cannot stuff in one option without reducing the other.

Note, it has been stated elsewhere that the 18 way seats weigh approximately 41 additional pounds, that is a significant increase over the 4 ways which to me is of great importance as my 992 is not a daily driver.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 04-27-2024 at 08:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nyca (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 01:24 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

Nick Murray has commented about that on the ventilated seats. I also don't like the look of the pinholes in the leather, and in anything but black leather, they will accumulate dirt.
Old 04-27-2024, 02:22 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,007 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by 3uros
Ruby Star is going NLA sometime soon or it already has. There are a couple threads on here about it.
There is no definite information on it that I've seen, just speculation from others. But I would not be surprised if it goes away, there were not many takers. That could be viewed as a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:01 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Nick Murray has commented about that on the ventilated seats. I also don't like the look of the pinholes in the leather, and in anything but black leather, they will accumulate dirt.
Just turn the fan on max and blow it out. lol

I love perforated leather look. As far as extra padding giving more comfort, this is wrong. Comfort comes from support and the right shape (adjustability) for your body. Extra padding can actually decrease comfort over the long term and even cause injury. It's no different with bike saddles.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:08 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 122 Posts

Any slight difference is padding is far outweighed by not having swamp *** in the summer.
The following 3 users liked this post by rjongco:
981KMAN (04-29-2024), Ikone (04-27-2024), Motorin Mark (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 05:27 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 122 Posts

Double
Old 04-29-2024, 06:13 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 338 Likes on 193 Posts

Just got a text from a Cali store of mine who got a Targa 4 GTS allocation. Can be sold for very close to MSRP if anyone needs one.
(813) 838-8758

Quick Reply: Any allocations yet this month?