Sponsored by:

911T Build Critique

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 09:20 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts
Default 911T Build Critique

My freeze date is coming up on 2024 911 Carrera T.

The theme for this build is making it purist as a driver's spec and keeping the car as light as possible.

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...VT6.VW4.WA.Z1S

Are there any options I should consider before the freeze date? I'm happy to leave RAS and FAL off the options list, as they add weight and seem unnecessary for what I am looking for in a no-frills purist spec. I did put the rear seats in as they may be useful in some situations.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:32 PM
ntoben
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 30 Posts

I would do red belts and maybe consider full leather. I have the puddle lights on mine, but will skip that option next time around. Otherwise you have a nice spec.
The following users liked this post:
double-o-seven (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 09:56 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Originally Posted by ntoben
I would do red belts and maybe consider full leather. I have the puddle lights on mine, but will skip that option next time around. Otherwise you have a nice spec.
I've considered deviated stitching and leather package, but I've read that the leather dash introduces potential problem spots for rattling in the long-term ownership due to leather stretching and mis-installed clips.

Any opinions on the leather dash becoming potential problem points for rattles? Also, I kept the seat belts in Shark Blue to contrast with Guards Red exterior paint. I have another sports car that has blue exterior paint and red calipers, so the idea is to have two sports cars with contrasting colors (i.e. red calipers on blue exterior, blue seat belts on red exterior). If I go for deviated stitching, I'll probably go for blue stitching for this color contrast theme.

Old 03-10-2024, 10:02 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Originally Posted by double-o-seven
I've considered deviated stitching and leather package, but I've read that the leather dash introduces potential problem spots for rattling in the long-term ownership due to leather stretching and mis-installed clips.

Any opinions on the leather dash becoming potential problem points for rattles? Also, I kept the seat belts in Shark Blue to contrast with Guards Red exterior paint. I have another sports car that has blue exterior paint and red calipers, so the idea is to have two sports cars with contrasting colors (i.e. red calipers on blue exterior, blue seat belts on red exterior). If I go for deviated stitching, I'll probably go for blue stitching for this color contrast theme.

Here's "red (brake calipers) on Bluefire Blue exterior" theme on my 2022 F-Type P450 RWD. I intend to make the 911T to be the other way around: blue (seat belts, and maybe blue stitching) on Guards Red exterior.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:32 PM
ntoben
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 30 Posts

I have leather with yellow stitch and it looks great. I hated paying for it but it looks great. My T has 5k on the clock and no rattles or squeaks, just the sound of the motor or my two little boys in the back fight/crying/screaming.

the blue stitch would look great and pull those seatbelts together as well.

Last edited by ntoben; 03-10-2024 at 10:33 PM.
double-o-seven (03-10-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 01:11 AM
MOGI
Advanced

Received 118 Likes on 35 Posts

making it purist as a driver's spec.
I would delete the surround view and lane change assist. The car is small enough not to need these added cameras and drive assists, especially if you are going for a pure, driver’s car.

I wouldn’t add in leather interior either. One consideration would be to add in the RAS as this does help with turn in given the rear engine layout. Think it could enhance your driving experience.

Lastly, I’d keep the seat belts black or red. Shark blue is too bright to work well with guards red and I think it would look out of place in an otherwise black interior.

otherwise, nice spec!
The following 2 users liked this post by MOGI:
aways (03-11-2024), double-o-seven (03-11-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 01:17 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,041 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Love the focus.
I'd replace the nannies and the lights and invest in leather instead.
Color is personal but red with blue belts???
Old 03-11-2024, 01:17 AM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Originally Posted by MOGI
I would delete the surround view and lane change assist. The car is small enough not to need these added cameras and drive assists, especially if you are going for a pure, driver’s car.

I wouldn’t add in leather interior either. One consideration would be to add in the RAS as this does help with turn in given the rear engine layout. Think it could enhance your driving experience.

Lastly, I’d keep the seat belts black or red. Shark blue is too bright to work well with guards red and I think it would look out of place in an otherwise black interior.

otherwise, nice spec!
Thank you for your helpful feedback. I'll probably keep the LCA and the surround view, as I find the LCA helpful in my other cars, and the surround view probably saves me from some wheel scrapes on tight parallel parking situations. The matching Guards Red seat belt instead of Shark Blue is something to consider.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:19 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,774 Likes on 5,139 Posts

Get PCCBs.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:21 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 246 Posts

Definitely a full leather interior. Don’t want to be guilty of a poverty spec car. Forget the RAS. The 992 does not need it. It takes away from the natural rear engine 911 driving dynamics, same reason why the GT division removed RAS from the 911 S/T.
double-o-seven (03-11-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 01:25 AM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Get PCCBs.
I'd get PCCB if I were to track the car.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:30 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'd get PCCB if I were to track the car.
You should get it even if you don't.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:32 AM
MOGI
Advanced

You should get it even if you don't.
Why?
Old 03-11-2024, 01:38 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MOGI
Why?
They're better brakes.

PCCBs are also the cheapest option Porsche offers. The cost to retrofit them after your initial build is more expensive than any other OEM option on the configurator.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:15 AM
MOGI
Advanced

They're better brakes.

PCCBs are also the cheapest option Porsche offers. The cost to retrofit them after your initial build is more expensive than any other OEM option on the configurator.
You’re right, they are the cheapest option (ratio wise from factory to retrofit) Porsche offers, but also the most expensive option that require replacement at $15k per axle + labor, especially when used as intended out on track, not to mention the care needed to prevent cracks/chips that can occur with removing the wheels.

Personally for me, steel brakes work well and are 1/10th the cost of PCCB replacement rotors. Conversely, I doubt PCCBs provide 10x the performance over a Porsche steel set.

Quick Reply: 911T Build Critique