31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

New 992 Build Feedback Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 10:10 PM
Laineyp
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Mark! Yes, it's definitely my decision 100%. Yet, the input is so nice to have. It gives me ideas to consider and while some may work well others just aren't my taste.
I plan to visit a few dealerships to hopefully see the gloss black trim on the window and mirrors, as well as the wheels. I know I want to contrast those a little but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to love that gloss black. I have 10 days to finalize my build. Thanks again!

Last edited by Laineyp; 02-22-2024 at 10:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Motorin Mark (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 02:34 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Laineyp
Thanks Mark! Yes, it's definitely my decision 100%. Yet, the input is so nice to have. It gives me ideas to consider and while some may work well others just aren't my taste.
I plan to visit a few dealerships to hopefully see the gloss black trim on the window and mirrors, as well as the wheels. I know I want to contrast those a little but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to love that gloss black. I have 10 days to finalize my build. Thanks again!

Here’s mine with gloss black mirror trim. I think it would look really good on your build. I like the idea of the gloss black mirror base on a white car. I considered it on my Chalk build, but opted for full body colored mirrors.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:14 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 302 Likes on 135 Posts

I added side skirts and exterior paint to match.
Added quad exhaust pipes.
Changed the window trim to black gloss.
Added black gloss to the wheels.
Changed the mirror base to black gloss.
Changed 911 logo to black gloss.

Already thinking about changing tailpipes to black?
NOT SURE OF black gloss or satin black on wheels. Is the trim already black and I should just leave it as well as the base of the mirrors. Is black gloss too much? HELP!

And I'm still open to feedback.
I picked high gloss black for my Carrera Exclusive wheels. It’s definitely a pricey upgrade compared to the standard wheels, but they look the best and are easy to clean. I also picked high gloss black for the mirror base. This was the only change my SA suggested when she reviewed my build. Otherwise, the base is unpainted. It’s a subtle change that I never considered, but now I’m so glad she suggested I add it. My exterior is GT Silver so similar to what you’re going with.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:01 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

If you’re doing painted mirrors and sideskirts, PPF needs to be part of your plan. Porsche likes to put black plastic in harms way when it comes to chip prone areas.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:09 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by detansinn
If you’re doing painted mirrors and sideskirts, PPF needs to be part of your plan. Porsche likes to put black plastic in harms way when it comes to chip prone areas.
No PPF here and no issues with rock chips on my painted mirrors and side skirts.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:42 AM
Laineyp
Rennlist Member

Thank you! I do plan to talk to my SA about Ceramic Wax as well as PPF.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM
Laineyp
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
No PPF here and no issues with rock chips on my painted mirrors and side skirts.
Thanks M3Inline6 for letting me know, that too, it may not be a problem.
M3Inline6 (02-24-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 10:40 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Your California experience is different than elsewhere in the country. Just sayin'
The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
Laineyp (02-24-2024), Tedster (03-05-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 10:34 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

You really have to see the gloss black in person - especially since you said you found a few things too masculine. I haven't seen it in your color (as a matter of fact, I'm now reconsidering my exterior color after looking at your car- I haven't seen IGM on anything in person yet)- but I found the black gloss pretty masculine on a friend's GT silver 992. It all depends upon the look that you like. There are no wrong choices on cars this beautiful ;-)
Old 02-24-2024, 01:47 PM
Laineyp
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Metalblond
You really have to see the gloss black in person - especially since you said you found a few things too masculine. I haven't seen it in your color (as a matter of fact, I'm now reconsidering my exterior color after looking at your car- I haven't seen IGM on anything in person yet)- but I found the black gloss pretty masculine on a friend's GT silver 992. It all depends upon the look that you like. There are no wrong choices on cars this beautiful ;-)
Totally agree, my head turns every time I see a 911. My SA suggested I visit the Porsche Experience since not many are on the lot and when I first saw the IGM it was my choice. It's the small details now. One being the window trim which I'm thinking to opt to leave standard. All the suggestions have been helpful.
Metalblond (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 01:52 PM
Laineyp
Rennlist Member

Here’s mine with gloss black mirror trim. I think it would look really good on your build. I like the idea of the gloss black mirror base on a white car. I considered it on my Chalk build, but opted for full body colored mirrors.
Did you mean to say that's gloss black on your window trim?
Old 02-24-2024, 02:05 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 936 Likes on 522 Posts

The combination of mirror trim, window trim, and rear badging in high gloss black looks good. However, I do not like the PORSCHE rear lettering in high gloss black because the lettering disappears in the black strip it's mounted on, so I leave that as the standard color.
Laineyp (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 03:41 PM
Laineyp
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nyca
The combination of mirror trim, window trim, and rear badging in high gloss black looks good. However, I do not like the PORSCHE rear lettering in high gloss black because the lettering disappears in the black strip it's mounted on, so I leave that as the standard color.
Yes, I totally agree. I did leave the 'Porsche' and I was going gloss black with the '911' but now I plan to leave the '911' as well (maybe lol). ...so that they match. Thanks, appreciate your input!

Last edited by Laineyp; 02-24-2024 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:07 PM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Received 430 Likes on 210 Posts

My opinion, If you are doing your mirror trim in gloss black and your rear 911 emblem in gloss black then I would also keep your window trim in the gloss rather than the standard black which is matte, Its a very small detail but it would be noticeably different from the gloss on your mirrors. Not a bunch of $$$ either. The 911 emblem definitely stands out more in the gloss black, the standard silver on IGM almost gets lost....and yes leave the "Porsche" in the standard silver. Re-look at the pics of my rear end for reference.
The following 2 users liked this post by Motorin Mark:
Metalblond (02-26-2024), nyca (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 10:31 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Your California experience is different than elsewhere in the country. Just sayin'
How about…..my DRIVING BEHAVIOR is likely different than another person’s driving behavior. The state I live in is immaterial to the subject of rock chips as there are PLENTY of California drivers with peppered front bumpers. I don’t follow vehicles closely at all, I stay away from tractor trailers, etc. Part of it is my etiquette behind the wheel and part of it is the fact that the vast majority of the traffic collisions I respond to could’ve been avoided simply by a reduction in speed and an increase in following distance (…so that influences my driving behavior). Your perspective isn’t weighed more heavily than anybody else’s. We all have something to provide.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-24-2024 at 11:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
Laineyp (02-24-2024), Motorin Mark (02-24-2024)

Quick Reply: New 992 Build Feedback Please